Achieve case resolution faster and more efficiently
IBM® Case Manager for Investigations leverages the capabilities of IBM case management and analytics for delivering timely and actionable investigative results for any type of environment, including mobile. Ideal for law enforcement, public safety and intelligence scenarios, Case Manager for Investigations is also used to address internal investigations, mergers and acquisitions, as well as risk assessment. With the ability to access to a wide range of information and analytic data, this solution ensures that investigations are completed efficiently and on a timely basis while adhering to corporate policies, regulations and industry standards.
IBM Case Manager for Investigations supports:
- Informed decision making – using current data available from multiple sources.
- Comprehensive investigations – using managed resources, workflows and both structured and unstructured information — even across silos of operation.
- Detailed 360 degree view – of the entire case.
- Advanced investigative measures – using a flexible, collaborative case investigation infrastructure.
- Optimized collaboration and transparency – among key stakeholders, analysts, investigators and managers, while maintaining total process and audit control.
Informed decision making
- Increases success rates by combining the efficiencies and governance of rule-based process management and analytics with the ability to choose next steps and manage the unique requirements of each case.
- Helps investigators transcend information silos, by getting the information they need, when they need it, regardless of source.
- Provides investigators and auditors with up to date information and relevant background information.
- Broadens case perspective by providing analysis across previous cases, accessing collaborative workspaces and gaining perspective from intelligent search engines.
- Identifies previously hidden relationships using advanced entity analytics.
- Incorporates business rules, process control and workflows for simplifying investigations while increasing accuracy, efficiency and transparency.
- Applies analytics to tasks such as identifying ineffective internal controls to help key stakeholders and specialists better understand system and process weaknesses, helping to drive process improvements throughout the organization.
Detailed 360 degree view
- Offers a simple, configurable user interface developed for multiple industry standards.
- Uses web services to aggregate data—whether textual, audio or visual—into a single view.
- Gathers all relevant content and activity on an investigation, providing a single, consistent view of the case to all members of the investigative team.
- Captures case histories and interaction information that is required for regulatory compliance and audits.
Advanced investigative measures
- Enables optional, powerful analysis and investigative tools for quickly recognizing emerging patterns of behavior with the ability to discern evidence of fraudulent action.
- Extracts and analyzes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data from existing, often disparate sources.
- Uncovers and resolves identities and relationships in near-real time using information extraction and aggregation tools.
Optimized collaboration and transparency
- Supports real-time collaboration for sharing data with colleagues regardless of locale.
- Brings all available resources together to gain greater insight from other colleagues’ experiences and knowledge.
- Conforms to the open REST standard for web connectivity.
- Provides document federation capabilities based on the open Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) standard.
Built on IBM's market-leading Case Management solution, and available with IBM i2's Intelligence Analysis Platform, and IBM Watson Content Analytics, IBM Case Manager for Investigations delivers a powerful and extensible solution for investigative teams across many industries.
- Case Manager helps coordinate and manage the overall investigation and prepares ‘case ready’ reports for negotiation or prosecution.
- i2 Intelligence Analysis Platform delivers insight and context, visualizes connections, and provides evidence/output for criminal or civil prosecution.
- Watson Content Analytics searches, analyzes, and extracts entities; discovers suspicious patterns; provides flexible search and visualization unstructured data; pre-calculates and perpetually updates analytics; and scales to big data volumes.
A dashboard showing key statistics about Cases managed. The data behind these dashboards is compiled automatically.
Details of an activity or offense can be recorded in a case.
Cases can be created, and relevant persons, statements, documents or analyses added to a case.
Using optional i2 Intelligence Analysis Platform, large volumes of data can be visualized and analyzed, with results added to a case.
Case Manager for Investigations resources