Cost-effective, optimal use of z/OS: Today, tomorrow and beyond
IBM Capacity Management Analytics for z/OS helps you more easily manage and predict your consumption of IBM® z/OS® infrastructure resources. This integrated offering provides insights into processor MIPS, LPAR, workload and memory usage to uncover any constraints that might affect critical business workloads. Dynamic, customizable visual displays help business managers understand System z® usage and future capacity needs. A set of reports gets you started and even helps you manage resources for distributed systems. Optional services and education are available to enable a smooth implementation. As your needs change, the reports and analytics can be tailored to change with them.
The IBM Capacity Management Analytics for z/OS solution is designed to help you:
- Track, measure and forecast z/OS capacity and usage and analyze software costs with IBM analytics solutions.
- Jumpstart your capacity management with a set of prebuilt interactive reports that provide information about z/OS and distributed systems, an integrated workspace and optional deployment services and education.
- Pinpoint issues or potential issues before they adversely affect user experience with capabilities that include real-time anomaly detection.
- Compare actual usage to forecast in real-time so you can quickly identify and resolve anomalies and predict future requirements.
- Communicate z/OS usage information to various decision-makers in IT and the business.
Capacity Management Analytics on z/OS Screenshots
Track, measure and forecast z/OS capacity and usage and analyze software costs
- Helps you manage the lifecycle of your z/OS platform with a solution that includes IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence, SPSS® Modeler with Scoring Adapter for zEnterprise, IBM Tivoli® Decision Support for z/OS, and a set of packaged interactive reports
- Compiles the information for the more cost-effective and easier analysis of usage, service objectives, resource utilization, system tuning, accounting and cost recovery and includes software cost analysis to help you manage costs
- Measures and manages available and planned capacity and balances workload based on business targets
- Enables you to plan capacity for the future based on historical usage
- Creates what-if scenarios as activity grows
Jumpstart capacity management
- Expedites adoption and value with a set of prepackaged reports that provide insights into processor, LPAR, workload and memory usage and can be expanded to meet changing information needs
- Includes graphical tools that simplify the creation of more reports and dashboards as needed to help you manage your capacity
- Offers, as an option, a service that provides experienced IBM specialists who use IBM proven practices to accelerate your solution deployment, along with 40 hours of post-implementation application support and mentoring
- Provides, as an optional add-on, training, education and mentoring
- Includes a set of reports to manage capacity for distributed systems and provides a workspace that integrates z/OS and distributed systems
Pinpoint issues or potential issues
- Establish and incorporate monitoring thresholds so that you are alerted to and can address potential issues before they affect performance.
- Take advantage of a top-down view of z/OS workloads with the ability to drill into further detail and identify possible breaking points.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to get to the "why" for things such as usage goals that are not achieved, a network path that presents a possible delay or is blocked, and too much or too little storage.
- Use real-time anomaly detection to uncover issues.
- View delays that are affecting usage and identify peak utilization periods.
Compare actual usage to forecast and predict future requirements
- Forecast the capacity needed for such things as supporting end-of-year processing or the launch of a new application.
- Predict the impact of future sales promotions on critical business applications.
- Identify which workloads are consuming critical system resources and project their impact over time.
- Monitor current usage in real-time and compare actual to planned usage so that anomalies are identified before they affect the business.
Communicate z/OS performance information
- Provide z/OS platform activity, capacity and usage information to IT and business decision-makers and when, where and how they need it.
- Extend capacity analytics to mobile devices, including tablet computers, so users can view and fully interact with z/OS information in a security-rich environment.
- Deliver the foundation and necessary insight needed for all involved to make the best z/OS capacity decisions for the business.
Capacity Management Analytics for z/OS resources