Cost-effective, optimal use of zEnterprise capacity: Today, tomorrow and beyond
IBM Capacity Management Analytics is an advanced analytics solution designed to help you more easily manage and predict your consumption of IBM® zEnterprise® infrastructure resources. This integrated offering provides insights into processor MIPS, LPAR, workload and memory usage to uncover any constraints that might affect critical business workloads. Dynamic, customizable visual displays help business managers understand System z® usage and future capacity needs. A set of reports gets you started, and optional services and education are available to enable a smooth implementation. As your needs change, the reports and analytics can be tailored to change with them.
The IBM Capacity Management Analytics solution is designed to help you:
- Track, measure and forecast zEnteprise capacity and usage with IBM analytics solutions.
- Jumpstart your understanding of exactly how zEnterprise capacity is being used with a set of prebuilt interactive reports and optional deployment services and education.
- Pinpoint issues or potential issues before they adversely affect user experience.
- Compare actual usage to forecast in real-time so you can quickly identify and resolve anomalies and predict future requirements.
- Communicate zEnterprise usage information to various decision-makers in IT and the business.
Capacity Management Analytics Screenshots
Track, measure and forecast zEnteprise capacity and usage
- Helps manage the lifecycle of your zEnterprise platform with a solution that includes capabilities from IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence, SPSS® Modeler and a set of prepackaged interactive reports, all of which is integrated with IBM Tivoli® Decision Support for z/OS
- Compiles the information for the more cost-effective and easier analysis of usage, service objectives, resource utilization, system tuning, accounting and cost recovery
- Measures and manages available and planned capacity and balances workload based on business targets
- Enables you to plan capacity for the future based on historical usage
- Creates what-if scenarios as activity grows
Jumpstart your understanding of exactly how zEnterprise capacity is being used
- Expedites adoption and value with a set of prepackaged reports that provide insights into processor, LPAR, workload and memory usage and can be expanded to meet changing information needs
- Includes graphical tools that simplify the creation of more reports and dashboards as needed to help you manage your capacity
- Offers, as an option, a service that provides experienced IBM specialists who use IBM proven practices to accelerate your solution deployment, along with 40 hours of post-implementation application support and mentoring
- Provides, as an optional add-on, training, education and mentoring
Bring together business data and zEnterprise capacity data
- Assemble volumes of data on zEnterprise usage in a unified workspace so you can analyze, understand and report in the context of the business.
- Gain insight into activity, trends and changes more quickly and efficiently with a multidimensional view.
- Enable data center executives, managers and system administrators to view interactive, multipage, multiquery reports as Microsoft Excel, PDF, XML, HTML or CSV files or with mobile devices.
Pinpoint issues or potential issues
- Establish and incorporate monitoring thresholds so that you are alerted to and can address potential issues before they affect performance.
- Take advantage of a top-down view of zEnterprise workloads with the ability to drill into further detail and identify possible breaking points.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to get to the "why" for things such as usage goals that are not achieved, a network path that presents a possible delay or is blocked, and too much or too little storage.
- Determine where to find issues and how best to resolve them.
- View delays that are affecting processing and identify peak utilization periods.
Compare actual usage to forecast and predict future requirements
- Forecast the capacity needed for such things as supporting end-of-year processing or the launch of a new application.
- Predict the impact of future sales promotions on critical business applications.
- Identify which workloads are consuming critical system resources and project their impact over time.
- Monitor current usage in real-time and compare actual to planned usage so that anomalies are identified before they affect the business.
Communicate zEnterprise performance information
- Provide zEnterprise platform activity, capacity and usage information to IT and business decision-makers and when, where and how they need it.
- Extend capacity analytics to mobile devices, including tablet computers, so users can view and fully interact with zEnterprise information in a security-rich environment.
- Deliver the foundation and necessary insight needed for all involved to make the best zEnterprise capacity decisions for the business.
Capacity Management Analytics resources
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.