Determine the best contact strategy over time for campaign optimization
What makes IBM a leader in multichannel?
Read the Gartner Magic Quadrant report
IBM® Contact Optimization, formerly Unica® Optimize, supports campaign optimization by delivering the most relevant and profitable offers to your customers. It can help meet marketing objectives while reducing customer contact fatigue.
IBM Contact optimization can:
- Determine the optimal communications for each customer based on the customer’s interaction history and your business objectives.
- Define business constraints that can limit contact strategy to create the most realistic and effective contact strategies.
- Identify preferences for each customer for more targeted marketing that delivers stronger results.
- Specify rules based on business considerations, including offer limitations and marketing goals.
Determine the optimal communications for each customer
- Deliver optimal communications to individual customers based on the customer’s interaction history, offer details, channel preferences and timeframe, business constraints and rules and marketing objectives.
- Find the best communication for each customer, not the best customer for each marketing campaign.
- Eliminate wasted and counterproductive communications to reduce costs.
- Decrease opt-outs due to customer fatigue, which eliminates future revenue opportunities.
Define business constraints that can impact contact strategy
- Identify limits that can impact contact strategy, such as the size of your marketing budget, the number of contacts per customer per period, the number of available offers of various types, and the number of telemarketing calls that can be made per period.
- Create campaigns and indicate the proposed contacts you wish to include in each campaign.
- Achieve better results and make better decisions about which customers should be included in which campaigns, and which individual offers and messages each customer should receive.
- Get visibility into the contact optimization process, including contact drop-out analyses.
Define preferences for each customer
- Define a variety of customer preferences, including the customer’s preferred channel to receive communications, the maximum number of contacts each customer wishes to receive each month and the customer’s primary product or service interests.
- Identify customer preferences to help your organization shift from product to customer-centric marketing.
- Balance business objectives and constraints with customer preferences and history.
- Automate the tedious manual process of optimizing customer communication for more cost-effective communications.
Specify rules based on business considerations
- Identify limits on how many offers a sales agent can handle (for example, in a call center), what offers can be combined, allowable sequences and timing of offers (“if A, then not B within 30 days”), minimum credit scores for certain offers, and exclusions of specific customers and offer-specific opt-outs.
- Specify marketing goals, such as creating optimal customer value, revenue, profit, or probability of response.
- Define business goals by utilizing score data at the customer and offer level.
- Manually rank offers by segment and offer combinations using a scoring matrix, if scores are not available.
- Create optimization strategy, access multiple campaigns more easily, and define complex rules and constraints.
Get visibility into the contact optimization process
Featured IBM Contact Optimization resources
Determine the optimal contact strategy over time for your customers
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.