Implement automatic, unattended sharing of tape devices across multiple images
IBM Tivoli® Automated Tape Allocation Manager for z/OS® is designed to maximize existing tape resources, reduce operational overhead, and improve batch processing efficiency.
- Maximize the use of existing tape resources before investing in additional hardware.
- Minimize batch processing delays and operational overhead by sharing tape storage devices across a multisystem environment—without the need for a shared control file.
- Automate tape resource management and minimize the need for operator intervention.Get the ability to access IBM Tivoli® Enterprise Portal for extensive diagnostic and reporting capabilities.
- Equip operations staff with centralized query and control through global command support.
- Simplify management by centralizing support for a variety of devices, including devices that are not assign-capable.
- Gain insight into tape device usage and activity through a robust set of operator commands and facilities.
- Serves as an integral component of the IBM z Systems™ storage management portfolio and IBM z/OS Storage Management Tools.