Communicate discovery information automatically between IT and legal staff
IBM® Atlas IT eDiscovery Process Management automates the communication of discovery requirements and facts between IT and legal staff. This information can include action item assignments, notifications, alerts, work planning, and searches through holds and collections. IBM Atlas IT eDiscovery Process Management extends Atlas eDiscovery Process Management to provide a single system of record with workflows for legal, IT and line-of-business managers.
Atlas IT eDiscovery Process Management enables you to:
- Coordinate discovery tasks to manage, find and view collection data more easily.
- Align IT collection task management to help avoid duplicative efforts between legal and IT.
- Streamline the collection workflow with better browsing, viewing and logging capabilities.
- Provide collection templates for data source types to help eliminate manual tasks and improve accuracy.
- Gain visibility into discovery workloads and assets for better planning and resource allocation.
Coordinate discovery tasks
- View past and present collection activity in a single convenient dashboard.
- Search for current legal holds and collections by employee or system. Avoid inadvertent disposal of data on hold.
- Log legal requests automatically in your ticketing systems.
- Deliver full hold and collection instructions with thorough and relevant custodian and data parameters in a collection workbook.
- Share tasks and job lists throughout the data collection team.
Align IT collection task management
- Support thorough, precise instructions and self-service options for data collectors.
- Use a collection job dashboard designed for discovery coordinators to track workloads and view reports by system, custodian and collector.
- Select a task from a list and complete some or all of its elements.
- Log, index and update an audit trail automatically for uploaded documents collected with Atlas products.
- Index document types using database indexing capabilities for selected Atlas and database products.
Streamline the collection workflow
- View collection instructions by custodian, capture notes, upload data and document the location of collected information stored outside of Atlas products.
- Browse a matter collection by custodian, or browse for collection requirements by custodian across multiple matters.
- See relevant instructions on a single page, including thorough employee information; notes from legal staff on the custodian's data set; parameters and date ranges; and work already done on the collection.
- Upload documents or log evidence location, and record location in a matter audit trail.
- Track the status of discovery jobs throughout legal and IT departments to help avoid redundant record keeping and collections.
Provide collection templates for data source types
- Choose from multiple collection templates, which include fill-in-the-blank capabilities for collection requestors.
- Set up data sources, including email messages, file shares and applications, with corresponding collection templates to create collection workflows.
- Specify a discovery delegate or steward for data sources.
- Expand to larger and more detailed data source pools by working with IBM Disposal and Governance Management for IT.
Gain visibility into discovery workloads and assets
- View open and closed tasks by individual and view individual staff workload status.
- Get accurate projections and automatic updates for future quarters to improve staff planning.
- Align IT resources with anticipated workloads.
- Use dashboards for visibility into workload by staff, type of discovery and asset class.
- Search for terminated employees to determine active holds and collections. Dispose of terminated employee data when appropriate.
Atlas IT eDiscovery Process Management downloads resources