Automate legal holds, collection and audit processes
IBM® Atlas eDiscovery Process Management helps attorneys, paralegals and discovery directors efficiently manage a rigorous, highly defensible legal holds workflow. It enables organizations to use outside counsel more efficiently by pre-interviewing custodians electronically and reducing the scope of data collected and reviewed. IBM® Atlas eDiscovery Process Management can produce a more reliable, defensible process record for improved, more cost-effective legal outcomes.
Atlas eDiscovery Process Management helps organizations to:
- Scope and manage custodians and data sources more efficiently and precisely.
- Streamline and automate hold publication to significantly reduce manual tasks and associated errors.
- Conduct more effective virtual interviews and automated follow up based on interview results.
- Control, monitor and manage the discovery process for more accurate, efficient record keeping.
- Integrate with other Atlas eDiscovery products for more expansive legal discovery functions.
Scope and manage custodians and data sources
- Segment and manage messages for large custodian lists.
- Identify custodians by numerous attributes, including their responsibilities for records or IT systems and their involvement in the issue in dispute – by department affiliation, function, role and other criteria.
- Define and track data sources involved in matters. Add and remove data sources as matter facts change.
- Track and scope terminated employee assets and automatically alert the appropriate legal staff when custodians in their holds transfer or terminate.
- View the master list of data sources for a matter and look up any data source to see its current holds and pending collections.
Streamline and automate hold publication
- Segment notices by recipient role or knowledge. Customize notice content and sub-segment custodian population based on their responses and new developments in the matter.
- Establish various notice templates with predefined variable text that is automatically filled in and updated in future reminders as information changes.
- Systematically send reminders, track confirmations, escalate non-confirmations, assign action items and alert legal staff to exceptions. Quickly detect and respond to employee transitions, collection delays and release eligibility.
- Manage multiple notices over long matter lifecycles with visibility across legal staff.
- Release holds on one or more custodians with comments and systematic release notification. Automatically direct custodians to their remaining holds in release notices.
Conduct more effective virtual interviews and automated follow up
- Combine initial hold notices with custodian questionnaires and incorporate hold compliance tracking.
- Establish intervals for re-issuing questionnaires, track responses, and set escalations for non-responses.
- Author a library of standard questionnaires and update questions as needed.
- Automatically collate recipient responses by group, question, answer and follow-up actions. Set automatic alerts and action items for specific answers.
- Add comments and notes to each custodian's response for a more complete record and easier follow through on facts gathered.
Control, monitor and manage the discovery process
- Define, track and monitor various preservation, collection and discovery activities in a single system of record for higher integrity and less manual recordkeeping. Follow the natural sequence of events and iteration throughout a typical matter lifecycle.
- Automatically detect exceptions to holds, collection requests and interviews and send alerts to legal staff through email or dashboards.
- Specify the legal team for a matter and share alerts and action plans automatically. Manage matter category permissions with enhanced security controls and matter-specific access control.
- Preserve data in place with a full audit trail. Collect data directly from email archives, file shares, enterprise content systems and custodians using a browser-based interface.
- Publish thorough, convenient reports for inside and outside counsel to show the entire preservation and discovery record over the matter life.
Integrate with other Atlas eDiscovery products
- Work with Atlas IT eDiscovery Process Management to define and re-use standard collection protocols for data sources, determine collection scope and assign collections to discovery specialists.
- Integrate with Atlas eDiscovery Policy Federation Framework and Software Development Kit (SDK) to automate collection from data sources.
- Use with Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management to enable inside and outside counsel to prepare more quickly and effectively for discovery conferences, jointly establish budget expectations and better negotiate the scope of preservation and discovery from a shared fact base.
Atlas eDiscovery Process Management downloads resources