Gain more control over discovery costs for improved legal outcomes
IBM® Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management helps attorneys and legal controllers project future discovery costs to avoid expense deviations and improve negotiations with legal adversaries. It includes thorough reports and intuitive dashboards to assess discovery costs by fiscal period. IBM Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management provides a shared view for legal, finance and business partners to help avoid surprises and improve decision making.
Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management enables organizations to:
- Gain more control over discovery costs related to single matters and portfolios.
- Improve strategy decisions and help resolve matters earlier by using more accurate discovery cost estimates.
- Track continuous discovery costs for ongoing insights.
- Improve negotiating power to reduce scope and support optimal settlement decisions.
- Optimize fiscal period impact for improved planning and fiscal outcomes.
Gain more control over discovery costs
- Enable legal executives to control impending discovering costs across the portfolio.
- Improve coordinated expense timing and matter visibility with finance, legal and business peers.
- Continuously update discovery costs as matter facts change, enabling attorneys to optimize matter resolution.
- Help control costs and effectively negotiate smaller scope through history, forecasts and scenario analysis.
- Enable legal teams to balance risk and cost in making narrow versus wide discovery decisions.
Improve strategy decisions and help resolve matters earlier
- Quickly estimate discovery costs for a matter at its outset to make better strategy decisions earlier.
- Bolster case strategy with more reliable cost estimates on a continual basis to aid ongoing decision making.
Track continuous discovery costs
- Provide continuous cost assessment that enables optimal settlement decisions throughout the case.
- Define litigation profiles, costs and budget models for a company to measure and track discovery costs more accurately.
- Track actual matter facts automatically, including custodian pool, data sources and collection volumes. No data entry is needed to estimate costs.
- Predict discovery cost trajectory by using current matter scope and historical facts.
- Refine litigation and cost profiles by matter type for finer-grained views.
Improve negotiating power to reduce scope
- Improve visibility into discovery costs based on key matter facts, pricing and historical matter context to help calibrate the likely course of events.
- Create iterative scenarios and options to make more fully informed arguments and stronger recommendations. Save a scenario as the optimal stance on production scope.
- Use cost data offensively to reduce collection and production volume. Make more routine and compelling burden and cost shifting arguments sooner with on-demand reports.
- Publish graphical cost reports for counsel and courts.
- Use cost calculator to estimate the other party's costs and better prepare for settlement discussions.
Optimize fiscal period impact
- Detect potential future cost spikes from changes in custodian and collection volume by matter and by fiscal period.
- Present forecasts by fiscal period to finance and business partners to avoid surprises and improve collaborative decision making.
Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management resources