Enables advanced transfer and administrative capabilities with Aspera transfer servers
The IBM® Aspera® Point-to-Point Client extends the feature set of the IBM Aspera Desktop Client with more transfer options, supporting direct connections between Point-to-Point and Desktop Clients. Aspera Point-to-Point Client enables remote management and control of Aspera Point-to-Point transfers using the enhanced features of IBM Aspera Console.
Aspera Point-to-Point Client offers:
- Versatile yet easy-to-use advanced client software that is recognized as a managed endpoint for high-speed transfers.
- Precise bandwidth control with adaptive rate control that enables full use of available bandwidth, while remaining fair to other network traffic.
- Enterprise-grade security that helps organizations secure business-critical digital assets.
- Remote management capabilities that support adherence to an organization’s IT policies for transfer and security settings.
- Industry-leading performance that delivers large files and whole directories using the patented Fast, Adaptive, Secure Protocol (FASP®) transport technology.
Versatile yet easy-to-use client advanced software
- Uses a simple, intuitive user interface for users to quickly and easily start high-speed uploads and downloads.
- Provides a command line scripting option for more advanced users to accommodate automated transfers and custom pre- and post-transfer processing steps.
Precise bandwidth utilization
- Provides visual monitoring of the transfer queue and transfer progress.
- Adjusts bandwidth use continually to prioritize transfers while reserving bandwidth for other business-critical network traffic.
- Boosts transfer speeds for time-critical content and reduces the speed for less important transfers to retain bandwidth for other business-critical network traffic.
- Provides built-in support for IBM Aspera FASP Proxy that enables high-speed transfers within restrictive networks with the option for HTTP fallback.
- Uses SSH authentication.
- Implements Advanced Encryption Standard 128 for in-transit and at-rest encryption of files and folders.
- Incorporates data integrity verification for every transmitted data block.
Remote management capabilities
- Enable easy configuration and connection to any Point-to-Point client through the Aspera Console web-based user interface.
- Provide control of security and transfer settings and user account management.
- Allow logging of transfer details to a central database.
- Delivers files and directories at high speed, powered by the Aspera patented FASP transport technology, regardless of file size, transfer distances or network conditions.
- Implements automatic, fast and lossless inline compression reduces data set transfer sizes to further boost to Aspera industry-leading transfer performance.
- Enables reliable data delivery with precise transfer progress and performance reporting.