High-speed email-style delivery of large files using mobile devices
IBM® Aspera® faspex™ Mobile enables global person-to-person high-speed transfers using the same email-style workflow as IBM Aspera faspex, adapted to the native mobile app style of the mobile device. Aspera faspex Mobile apps for iOS and Android harness the Aspera Fast, Adaptive and Secure Protocol (FASP®) technology so that you can quickly send and receive large files among globally dispersed individuals and groups over wifi or cellular networks.
IBM faspex Mobile offers:
- Full interoperability with Aspera faspex and other Aspera software solutions that enables most of the functionality of Aspera faspex on a mobile device.
- High-speed FASP-enabled mobile transfers that allow mobile users to quickly send and receive packages, regardless of file size, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Built-in security that helps protect digital content throughout the transfer process.
- Tight integration with the OS and mobile media library that allows users to easily navigate and complete transfers.
Full interoperability with Aspera faspex
- Allows faspex Mobile users to download large files to a mobile device at high-speed if the package originated from a faspex server or faspex client.
- Enables you to send standard faspex packages from a mobile device to any recipient using an Aspera faspex client or any browser using the IBM Aspera Connect browser plug-in.
- Allows mobile users to send packages with metadata as defined by the Aspera faspex administrator.
High-speed FASP-enabled mobile transfers
- Provide automatic restart and resume of interrupted transfers.
- Enable precise bandwidth control to help ensure that the entire available bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other network traffic.
- Support bandwidth prioritization control of the mobile transfers from within the faspex Mobile app, on the faspex server, or from IBM Aspera Console.
- Supports the Aspera FASP security model.
- Provides secure authentication, encryption in transit and at rest, data integrity verification and FIPS-140 2 compliance.
Tight integration with the OS and mobile media library
- Provides access to the mobile media library or the device camera to directly capture pictures and immediately attach them in a faspex package within the faspex Mobile app.
- Allows you to send video at maximum device resolution; or, for iOS devices, to select lower resolution settings that optimize file size and picture quality.