Exchange large files and directories at high speed among individuals and groups
IBM® Aspera® faspex™ enables global person-to-person file delivery and collaboration through an email-style application that sends and receives unlimited-size digital packages at high speed among geographically dispersed teams using a standard web browser, a desktop application, or a mobile app.
- Maximum data transfer performance for high-speed file and directory transfers, regardless of file size, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Fast, efficient collaboration solution with work-friendly features.
- Comprehensive user management and access controls that take advantage of LDAP and provide extensive configuration options.
- Built-in security that safeguards your digital assets with multiple layers of security.
- Highly scalable, reliable enterprise solution featuring a concurrent architecture ready for multisite and multiserver use.
Maximum data transfer speeds
- Enable high-speed transfer of files and directories, regardless of file size, transfer distance, or network conditions using the patented Fast, Adaptive, Secure Protocol (FASP®) transport technology.
- Deliver data reliably with automatic resumes of partial transfers and retries for interrupted transfers.
Fast, efficient collaboration solution
- Uses a familiar email-style workflow to send digital packages.
- Offers a variety of interfaces including a web browser plug-in, desktop applications, a Microsoft Outlook add-in, and the IBM Aspera faspex Mobile app that supports WiFi/3G/4G networks.
- Provides remote source publishing (enterprise and cloud) that allows users to browse any remote storage location and attach files or directories to a faspex package.
- Allows anyone with a valid email address to send packages to faspex users by invitation.
Comprehensive user management and access control
- Uses LDAP directory services integration for import, synchronization, direct authentication and secure authentication.
- Provides configurable security options including session timeout, concurrent login prevention and comprehensive package access and expiration policies.
- Provides easy setup and management of workgroups with useful features and controls.
- Enables a single point of management for large, distributed environments.
- Integrates with LDAP directory services for import, synchronization, direct authentication, and secure authentication, scalable to thousands of users.
- Enables package decryption when downloaded by the recipient.
- Uses configurable AES-128 data encryption available both over the wire and at rest.
Highly scalable, reliable enterprise solution
- Uses a highly concurrent user connection architecture.
- Enables unlimited scale-out of transfer performance and network capacity by deploying Aspera Enterprise Servers in a cluster, separate from the Aspera faspex web application.
- Uses IBM Aspera FASP Proxy within restrictive networks with the option of HTTP fallback.
- Provides multisite support with automated bidirectional relays between sites and servers.
- Supports deployments on cloud platforms using IBM Aspera on Demand that enables high-speed direct-to-cloud transfers of large files and directories to the underlying object storage.