Enables secure, high-speed transfers in highly restrictive network environments
IBM® Aspera® FASP® Proxy helps protect your organization’s network by helping secure high-speed transfers for clients in highly restrictive network environments. Functioning either as a forward or reverse proxy, Aspera FASP Proxy allows the transparent pass-through of FASP transfer sessions across a secure DMZ without impeding transfer speeds or compromising the security of an internal network. Aspera FASP Proxy also supports load balancing, high availability configurations and flexible security policies to meet an organization’s specific security needs.
IBM Aspera FASP Proxy provides:
- Secure access to IBM Aspera transfer servers located outside of the corporate network while protecting internal users’ IP addresses.
- Scalable, enterprise-grade protection that functions as a reverse proxy within a corporate DMZ to protect the security of Aspera transfer servers deployed within the internal network.
- Aspera FASP-enabled performance for high-speed transfers using kernel-level packet forwarding.
- Configurable client interface with built-in desktop and client support for FASP Proxy, requiring minimal information for non-technical user setup.
- Multiple administrative options with various configuration options and setup of proxy accounts for authorized client users.
Secure access to IBM Aspera transfer servers
- Provides a secured communication channel for FASP transfers among internal users within highly restrictive networks.
- Functions as a forward proxy outside of Aspera transfer servers and as a reverse proxy from external transfer clients and servers to Aspera transfer servers deployed within the corporate network.
- Uses Dynamic Network Address Translation (DNAT) to hide internal clients’ IP addresses and help secure corporate networks.
- Offers optional client user authentication to control which users are permitted to perform FASP transfers.
- Provides APIs for secure, transparent proxy of FASP transfer sessions.
Scalable, enterprise-grade protection
- Enables outside access to internal Aspera transfer servers without placing them into the DMZ.
- Supports high availability deployments with the use of multiple instances on a server cluster, behind a load balancer.
- Supports forwarding rules that can define access to specific internal transfer servers.
Aspera FASP-enabled performance
- Provides kernel-level packet forwarding that does not impede the FASP-enabled transfer speeds.
- Preserves key characteristics of FASP transfers such as data encryption and restart-and-resume of interrupted transfers.
Configurable client interface
- Provides built-in support for FASP Proxy in all Aspera desktop and browser clients.
- Enables simple configuration requiring minimal information for non-technical users to set up.
Multiple administrative options
- Offer load balancing and failover capabilities for fronting multiple Aspera hosts.
- Enable configuration options including IP address, port numbers, cleanup and keep-alive intervals, timeout period and authentication.
- Provide proxy accounts so that only authorized client users can initiate FASP transfers through the proxy.