Enables next-generation data transport with exceptional transfer and user management capabilities
IBM® Aspera® Enterprise Server is an industry standard application for moving large files, directories and data sets over wide area network (WANs) with unrivaled Aspera performance. Built on the patented Fast, Adaptive and Secure Protocol (FASP®) Aspera Enterprise Server delivers maximum data transfer throughput, independent of distance and network conditions, and scales significantly with on-demand cloud storage and computing capacity.
Aspera Enterprise Server offers:
- Universal file transfer server for enterprise applications, including enterprise-wide file movement, high-volume content ingest and distribution, and FTP/SFTP server replacement.
- Fast, reliable transfer of large files, data sets and whole directories.
- File-based workflow automation to create one-time or automated, recurring transfers using templates.
- Versatile administrative options that enable server administrators to create user accounts with varied levels of access control and define root directory, security requirements and bandwidth profiles.
- Flexible features that support a wide range of applications.
Universal file transfer server
- Supports various client options to connect including desktop applications, mobile applications and third-party embedded clients.
- Provides enterprise-grade security that protects your vital digital assets with Secure Shell (SSH) authentication, in-transit and at-rest encryption, and data integrity verification.
- Runs in the cloud to provide access to scalable, on-demand storage and computing capacity.
- Supports various Linux and Microsoft Windows server platforms and Internet browsers.
- Offers high-availability cluster configurations including active/active or active/passive options.
Fast, reliable transfers
- Use FASP technology to deliver maximum transfer throughput regardless of distance and network conditions.
- Achieve speeds that are hundreds of times faster over FTP/SCP with exceptional bandwidth control.
- Allow administrators and users to allocate bandwidth based on transfer priority.
- Provide a more reliable and predictable experience with automatic retry and resume for interrupted transfers.
File-based workflow automation
- Allows organizations to develop custom pre- and post-transfer processing with hot folders, scripts, web services and third-party embedded clients.
- Accepts non-Aspera file transfers and automatically forwards files to any managed Aspera node.
- Supports Aspera High-Speed Sync to provide multisite, multidirectional file synchronization.
Versatile administrative options
- Create an unlimited number of users, define access rights and transfer settings for each one; enforce security settings based on organizational requirements.
- Set transfer priorities and define aggregate or per-flow bandwidth allocation.
- Vary transfer settings based on the time of day or day of the week, per user or group, and by client IP address or metadata.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing transfers in real time; cancel, pause, resume or reorder transfers; configure email notifications and delivery confirmations on the client and server.
- Allow access to detailed server transfer logs in a centralized database and run predefined or custom reports for billing and auditing using Aspera Console.
- Initiate data transfers from desktop and point-to-point clients, command line, third-party embedded clients or mobile devices.
- Allow external organizations such as vendors and customers to contribute or download digital content faster, with more security and greater reliability.
- Provide organizations a centralized, high-speed file repository accessible through the Aspera desktop client or custom applications using the embedded Aspera client.
IBM Aspera Enterprise Server