Exchange, share and synchronize large files and directories from the desktop
IBM® Aspera® Drive enables teams to quickly and securely share and exchange large files and directories directly from the desktop. Built on the patented Fast, Adaptive and Secure Protocol (FASP®) Aspera Drive enables high-performance transfer and synchronization of files and data sets of virtually any size, at maximum speed over any distance, regardless of network conditions, with full access control, privacy and security.
Aspera Drive offers:
- High-performance transfer and synchronization of files and data sets of virtually any size.
- Integrated desktop design provides an intuitive desktop file explorer interface.
- Powerful security and access model that combines authorization and access control.
- Innovative architecture that eliminates access, security, infrastructure and costs trade-off decisions.
High-performance transfer and synchronization
- Handles extremely large files and data sets easily—including entire directory structures.
- Transfers and synchronizes files at high speed, regardless of file size, transfer distance, or network conditions.
- Provides precise bandwidth control to effectively use the entire allocated bandwidth for maximum transfer speeds, while being fair to other business-critical network traffic.
- Provides precise reporting of transfer progress and performance.
Integrated desktop design
- Allows remote browsing of projects and authorized Shares directly from the desktop in Microsoft Windows Explorer and Apple Mac Finder—rather than switching to a web-based view.
- Moves files and folders easily to and from remote Shares with a simple drag-and-drop action.
- Enables users to quickly send faspex packages of files and folders to individuals and teams using a simple email style interface.
- Provides secure browsing, access, and rapid sending and receipt of large files and data sets over any distance at FASP speeds.
- Enables background synchronization to help ensure that the local Aspera Drive content always mirrors the content in the remote project Share.
Powerful security and access model
- Combines authorization and access control for multilayered security.
- Provides security for data access and operations such as browsing, uploading, downloading, making new directories, renaming or deleting files and directories.
- Protects the data transferred with SSH authentication and encryption over the wire and at rest.
- Provides data integrity verification for each transmitted block.
- Unifies file sharing and package sending capabilities between the desktop and the enterprise
- Offers flexible deployment models including on premises, cloud and hybrid cloud environments using IBM Aspera Enterprise Servers.
- Enables organizations to take advantage of the elastic compute resources in the cloud, while retaining security and service levels.
- Provides multitenant domain management and integrated remote transfer node support for on premises or cloud infrastructures.
- Supports direct-to-object storage transfers to, from and among IBM SoftLayer®, Google Storage, OpenStack Swift, Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure Blob cloud platforms.