Database archiving tool for multiplatforms that enrich IBM DB2
- Facilitates moving inactive DB2 data to both table archives and flat file archives. Archiving helps you lower storage costs and reclaim disk space. It can also help improve performance when accessing active data.
- Exploits less expensive media for archived data, and can access archived data concurrently with minimal changes to applications.
- Provides a Web-based user interface (UI) that helps you configure and use the tool. This Web UI also works with DB2 Data Archive Expert for z/OS®.
- Supports archiving sets of rows representing application objects, not just entire tables.
- Offers a callable API for running archive and retrieve operations by using units of work called specifications.
- Provides easy creation of specifications and allows the development of job profiles through Web-based UI panels.
- Lets you do "table-grouping" using the DB2 Grouper Component feature, which discovers relationships between tables from definitional as well as access sources, making it easy to include tables related to those being archived.
Supports archiving cross-platform within the DB2 DAE product family (z/OS, UNIX®, Microsoft™ Windows™, and Linux™), between entitled installed products.
DB2 Data Archive Expert for Multiplatforms is a comprehensive data archiving tool that enables you to move seldom-used data to a less costly storage medium, without any programming. Using this tool, you can save storage space and associated costs, while improving the performance of your DB2 Universal Database® (UDB) environment.