A programming language for problem solving, visualization and database access
IBM® APL2® is a highly-productive, general-purpose programming language used by both end users and developers, providing an extensive collection of functions for solving business problems. It is widely used for diverse application areas including commercial data processing, system design and prototyping, engineering and scientific computation and for teaching mathematics and other subjects. Available in two editions, Workstation APL2 and APL2 for S/370 and S/390 Mainframes, this array-oriented environment allows users to manipulate huge amounts of data interactively.
Interactive problem solving
Powerful data analysis
Easy data access
Portability and distributability
Below is the list of software and hardware required to install these products.
APL2 for Mainframes
|VM, VM/ESA, z/VM||CMS||zSeries|
|AIX||AIX 5.0 with Motif 1.2 and X Window System X11R5, or later||pSeries|
|Linux on Intel||A Linux distribution for PC compatible machines with glibc 2.3.2, Motif 2.2 and X Window System X11R6, or later|
|Solaris||Solaris 7 with Motif 1.4 and X Window System X11R5, or later|
|Windows||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
Workstation APL2 V2.0 Service Level 21
Workstation APL2 for Multiplatforms V2.0 Service Level 21 is available for AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, and Windows.
Highlights of this service level include:
- The performance of monadic Grade on matrices is improved.
- External function GMTSTAMP provides the ability to set function and operator timestamps under program control.
- Options Stack Window Always on Top and Watch Windows Always on Top are added to the Debug menu on Windows.
- AP 145 adds three properties for Drop-down Combo Boxes - Collapsed Position, Collapsed Client Position and Collapsed Size.
A complete list of fixes included in this level will be found in the updated README (Unix systems) or Service Information (Windows systems) file.
- Application foundation
- Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS
- Debug Tool for z/OS
- Fault Analyzer for z/OS
- File Manager for z/OS
- IBM Session Manager for z/OS
- Problem Determination Solution Pack for z/OS
- Problem Determination Testing Solution Pack for z/OS
- Unified Messaging for WebSphere Voice Response
- WebSphere Application Server - Express
- WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere Application Server for Developers
- WebSphere Application Server for z/OS
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- WebSphere Application Server Tools Edition
- WebSphere Application Server v7 Feature Pack for Modern Batch
- WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid
- WebSphere eXtended Transaction Runtime
- WebSphere Real Time
- WebSphere Translation Server for Multiplatforms
- WebSphere Voice Response for AIX
- WebSphere Voice Toolkit
- Workload Simulator for z/OS and OS/390