A programming language for problem solving, visualization and database access
IBM® APL2® is a highly-productive, general-purpose programming language used by both end users and developers, providing an extensive collection of functions for solving business problems. It is widely used for diverse application areas including commercial data processing, system design and prototyping, engineering and scientific computation and for teaching mathematics and other subjects. Available in two editions, Workstation APL2 and APL2 for S/370 and S/390 Mainframes, this array-oriented environment allows users to manipulate huge amounts of data interactively.
Interactive problem solving
Powerful data analysis
Easy data access
Portability and distributability
Below is the list of software and hardware required to install these products.
APL2 for Mainframes
|VM, VM/ESA, z/VM||CMS||zSeries|
|AIX||AIX 5.0 with Motif 1.2 and X Window System X11R5, or later||pSeries|
|Linux on Intel||A Linux distribution for PC compatible machines with glibc 2.3.2, Motif 2.2 and X Window System X11R6, or later|
|Solaris||Solaris 7 with Motif 1.4 and X Window System X11R5, or later|
|Windows||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
Workstation APL2 V2.0 Service Level 22
Workstation APL2 for Multiplatforms V2.0 Service Level 22 is available for AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, and Windows.
Highlights of this service level include:
- The performance of Take and Drop on progression vectors is improved.
- Support for the DECFLOAT datatype is added to AP 127 and AP 227.
- Unlocalize and Unlocalize all are added to the Popup Object Menu.
- A programmable interface for Watch Windows is available in AP 120.
- The ability to copy a selected name to the clipboard is added to the summary screen of WSCOMP.
A complete list of fixes included in this level will be found in the updated README (Unix systems) or Service Information (Windows systems) file.
- Application foundation
- Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS
- Debug Tool for z/OS
- Fault Analyzer for z/OS
- File Manager for z/OS
- IBM Session Manager for z/OS
- Migration Utility for z/OS
- Rational ClearCase
- Rational ClearQuest
- WebSphere Application Server - Express
- WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere Application Server Family Edition
- WebSphere Application Server for Developers
- WebSphere Application Server for z/OS
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- WebSphere Application Server Tools Edition
- WebSphere Application Server v7 Feature Pack for Modern Batch
- WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid
- WebSphere Real Time
- WebSphere Translation Server for Multiplatforms
- Workload Simulator for z/OS and OS/390
- Workstation APL2 for Multiplatforms
Not in United States?