Create, Socialize, and Manage APIs On Premise
IBM® API Management provides companies with the tools for creating, proxying, assembling, securing, scaling and socializing web APIs. Equipped with a customizable developer portal, this solution enables them to attract and engage with application developers to foster an increased usage of the published APIs. IBM API Management's robust administration portal allows companies to easily establish policies for critical API attributes like self-registration, quotas, key management, and security policies. The robust analytics engine provides valuable role-based insight for both API owners, solution administrators, and application developers.
IBM® API Management is a unified solution, with an intuitive user experience, for managing the complete API lifecycle from creation, publish, and adoption, to support and monitoring, enabling companiesto realize the maximum value from their APIs. It provides the following key features and benefits:
- Secures, scales and controls access to APIs to provide a resilient and flexible API runtime infrastructure. IBM API Management is powered by IBM DataPower® Gateway appliances—one of the industry leading security and integration gateway appliances.
- Empowers companies with the insight to change and grow their business in the new web API economy with robust business analytics
- Rapidly address business demands with the creation of new APIs from existing business assets or simple configuration-based cloud services integration
- Nurtures innovation by building a community that attracts developers, entrepreneurs, and partners who will rapidly build new applications and extend the value of your core enterprise assets
Secures, scales and controls access to APIs
- Provides a high performing, scalable, and dynamically managed API gateway that is fully integrated with the IBM API Management Administration and Developer Portals
- Enforces access policy decisions based on industry standard authentication and authorization protocols like OAuth 2.0, HTTP basic authentication, and API keys
- Enforces traffic management policies on a per API and per user basis
- Efficiently performs message payload processing and protocol conversions for integrating with existing company services and assets, including easy to configure SOAP-to-REST transformations
Empowers companies with the insight to change and grow their business
- Manage your APIs with business-level controls by setting varying levels of consumption entitlements and the ability to manage the application developer
- Offers detailed analytics to support user billing and charge-back capabilities
- Reduce problem resolution time with supplied operational monitoring and debugging capabilities
Rapidly address business demands with the creation of new APIs
- Rapidly create new APIs from existing business assets or cloud services through configuration and a no-coding approach
- API assembly, with IBM WebSphere Cast Iron, and proxying capabilities are provided to allow rapid creation of new APIs from existing business assets or cloud services through configuration.
- Import APIs from an enterprise registry and repository, such as WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR)
- Dynamically edit an API implementation and quickly reactivate to visualize the changes
Nurtures innovation by building a community that attracts developers, entrepreneurs, and partners
- Customizable developer portal can help the innovative application developers, either internal or external to the enterprise, to develop applications that help expand brand loyalty and open new channels of business to attract clients and partners.
- Application developers can easily visualize application and API consumption history
IBM API Management resources
A complete, unified web API management solution
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs!