Data analysis and visualization for effective intelligence analysis
IBM® i2® Analyst’s Notebook® is a visual intelligence analysis environment that can optimize the value of massive amounts of information collected by government agencies and businesses. With an intuitive and contextual design it allows analysts to quickly collate, analyze and visualize data from disparate sources while reducing the time required to discover key information in complex data. IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook delivers timely, actionable intelligence to help identify, predict, prevent and disrupt criminal, terrorist and fraudulent activities.
i2 Analyst’s Notebook helps organizations to:
- Rapidly piece together disparate data into a single cohesive intelligence picture.
- Identify key people events, connections and patterns with innovative features like social network analysis, "list most connected" and "find connected networks".
- Increase understanding of the structure, hierarchy and method of operation of criminal, terrorist and fraudulent networks.
- Simplify the communication of complex data to enable timely and accurate operational decision making.
- Capitalize on rapid deployment that delivers productivity gains quickly using a well-established visual analysis solution.
Rapidly piece together disparate data
- Piece together structured and unstructured data from a variety of sources into a single cohesive intelligence picture.
- Import a wide range of data types, including telephone call records, financial transactions, computer IP logs and mobile forensics data.
- Quickly turn data into clear visualizations to aid the analysis of complex scenarios.
- Perform effective analysis of a wide range of data types with a flexible data modeling and visualization environment.
Identify key people, events, connections and patterns
- Gain insight into and deeper understanding of data using multiple analysis views, including association, temporal, spatial and statistical views.
- Quickly highlight key individuals and relationships and their connections to key events with core link analysis capabilities.
- Understand the critical timeline of events or patterns within criminal activities using powerful temporal analysis tools.
- Identify potential important intermediaries between seemingly unconnected entities in a network.
- Instantly highlight potentially key information in communications and transactional data.
- Extend geospatial analysis capabilities and connect to available Esri ArcGIS servers with the optional IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook Connector for Esri software.
Increase understanding of the structure, hierarchy and method of operation
- Use integrated social network analysis capabilities to help identify key individuals and relationships within networks.
- Aid the decision-making process and optimize resource utilization for operational activities in network disruption, surveillance or influencing.
Simplify the communication of complex data
- Create intuitive visual briefing charts that capture and organize supporting data for briefing and presentation purposes.
- Integrate information and visualizations into intelligence reports with i2 Analyst’s Notebook.
- Share charts with people who do not use i2 Analyst’s Notebook through the no-charge IBM i2 Chart Reader software.
Capitalize on rapid deployment that delivers productivity gains quickly
- Use a wizard-driven installer to eliminate the need for expensive professional services and deployment costs.
- Perform analysis and generate intelligence product activities more quickly with rapid deployment of powerful visual analysis capabilities.
- Intuitive, modern user experience shortens user ramp-up times.
- Harness the experiences of more than 2,500 organizations worldwide that have used i2 Analyst’s Notebook analysis solutions in real operational environments.
- Take advantage of a global support infrastructure, which includes versions available in 19 languages.
- Customize i2 Analyst’s Notebook analysis and visualization features to meet specific analytical needs with the IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook SDK.
i2 Analyst's Notebook screenshots
Identify key individuals within target networks more quickly using social network analysis
Identify and highlight relevant information faster with a powerful range of analysis and visualization capabilities
Combine association, temporal and geospatial data visualization to provide multidimensional views and aid comprehension
Use multiple methods of representing information within a chart to support dynamic thought processes
i2 Analyst’s Notebook resources