Enable a converged security gateway solution for the multi-channel enterprise
IBM® Security Access Manager for DataPower® is an integrated software module for IBM DataPower Gateways that provides access management security for web, mobile and cloud workloads. It enables a single, converged gateway solution for securing an organization's current and future business channel needs.
By combining the access management features of IBM Security Access Manager for DataPower with the message-level security, IT platform security and application integration of DataPower Gateways, you can implement a single security gateway for:
- Browser-based web applications and portals.
- Mobile applications (including mobile web, native and hybrid mobile apps).
- SOAP-based web services.
- REST APIs (representational state transfer application programming interfaces).
- B2B (business to business)
- Cloud applications.
IBM Security Access Manager for DataPower provides:
- A single, converged security and integration gateway that provides consistent, policy-based enforcement for multiple business channels – web, mobile, cloud, SOA (service-oriented architecture), API (application programming interface) and B2B (business-to-business).
- Purpose-built user access security for web and mobile that uses industry-proven technology from the IBM Security Access Manager family of products.
- Optimized security policy enforcement that offers seamless integration with advanced authentication, authorization and federation solutions.
A single, converged security and integration gateway
- Secures application traffic regardless of the business channel through which it is being invoked – web, mobile, cloud, SOA, API or B2B.
- Reduced cost by securing access to a wide variety of applications and workloads with a single gateway platform deployed in the DMZ (perimeter network) and simplifying the network topology.
- Secures web and mobile applications deployed in cloud environments with its optional virtual appliance form factor.
- Pattern-based configurations, using the DataPower Blueprint console to simplify the process of creating new mobile gateway patterns and access management proxy instances.
- Improved serviceability and a singular view for operations and management with integrated DataPower Gateway monitoring, event and message logs.
Purpose-built user access security for web and mobile
- Provides web access management security on DataPower Gateway with web single sign-on, session management and access policy enforcement for multi-factor authentication.
- Highly scalable reverse proxy for user access control and web single sign-on.
- Helps improve identity assurance through a range of authentication schemes – including user ID and passwords, HTTP header information, Kerberos tokens, X509 certificates and many one-time password options – as provided by Access Manager for Mobile.
- Coarse-grained authorization enforcement and web single sign-on for a wide range of application platforms – including IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Exchange, Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Siebel CRM and JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- Supports out-of-the-box integrations with many third party vendor offerings for strong authentication.
Optimized security policy enforcement
- Integrated enforcement point for IBM® Security Access Manager for Mobile, which provides mobile single sign on, context based access, strong authentication and device registration.
- Integrated point of contact for IBM® Federated Identity Manager, enabling federated single sign on to cloud applications – including Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, Google Apps and others.
- Compliance reporting and security intelligence integration with IBM Security QRadar SIEM and IBM QRadar Log Manager.