IBM® Informix® 4GL is a comprehensive fourth-generation application development and production environment.
Informix 4GL provides power and flexibility without the need for third-generation languages like C and COBOL.
- Provides the tools needed to create sophisticated database applications — three easy packages with one consistent interface. Used together, Informix 4GL Rapid Development System and Informix 4GL Interactive Debugger provide the optimal environment for developing applications, while Informix 4GL Compiler provides high-performance application execution in the production environment.
- Easily deploy your functions on the Web. Leverage your existing 4GL code to create Web services for applications written in other programming languages such as Java and .Net without writing any Java or .NET code. Your business logic is maintained in 4GL, and made available to a variety of Web clients by the Web services.
- Enables you to subscribe to Web services written in 4GL or any modern programming language, giving you the power to integrate your data and business logic with other business data and applications.
- Provides rapid development and interactive debugging capabilities.
- Enables customizable power with a combination of procedural and nonprocedural statements.
- Offers high performance in the production environment.
- For Informix 4GL system requirements, go to the technical support page.
- Learn more about modernizing existing 4GL applications using Informix Genero.