Content protection for social business
IBM® Lotus® Protector for Mail Security scans email messages and attached files for unwanted, confidential or malicious content, extending content protection and compliance for your social business platform. It controls the email content that enters and leaves your company’s network to ensure a high level of security and blocks spam and viruses. This software also provides integrated email content filtering for IBM Notes®, IBM Domino®, Microsoft Exchange and mixed email environments.
Lotus Protector for Mail Security features:
- Advanced content filtering and protection capabilities to block unwanted and malicious email content and to protect confidential business information.
- Efficient filtering technology to minimize the resources required to control the email content that enters and leaves your network.
- Personalized email control within IBM Notes for fast adoption and ease of use.
- Simple administration for custom filtering to manage email security throughout the enterprise.
Advanced content filtering and protection capabilities
- Perform content filtering based on the latest IBM X-FORCE® security data.
- Identify fraudulent email using a phishing analysis module that protects users against emails targeting personal information such as credit card accounts, bank accounts and social security numbers.
- Use IP layer filtering that discards emails sent from suspicious IP addresses.
- Take advantage of a URL filter module and URL filter database to detect malicious URLs and prevent their use.
- Inspect email attachments using behavioral analysis that takes preemptive action against suspicious code before it has been identified as a virus.
Efficient filtering technology
- Place content filtering technology at the network gateway, instead of on mail servers, to optimize the volume of messages that can be handled throughout the enterprise.
- Use a zero-level analysis module to inspect streaming email instantly and discard spam immediately, which helps minimize the cost of writing content to disk and increases filtering speed.
- Reduce spam and viruses transported through the network to improve overall system performance.
- Block spam from your inbox so users can focus on valid business communications.
- Access more than 20 analysis modules for custom email scanning using conditions that you specify to help meet legal, regulatory and policy compliance requirements.
Personalized email control within IBM Notes
- Give users personal control over email content sent and received directly within their IBM Notes inbox.
- Block all future email from the sender of a selected email in the inbox.
- Use IBM Notes to view email blocked and stored at the security gateway so you can recover content that was inadvertently quarantined.
- Manage personalized block and allow senders lists.
- Use Unicode analysis to enable content filtering in a variety of languages, including those with double-byte character sets.
Simple administration for custom filtering
- Use a single, web-based console with an intuitive interface to manage your email security deployment, even in a clustered environment with multiple servers.
- Create rule-based policies to enable custom spam filtering, define senders and recipients, specify delivery timeframes and identify which analysis modules to use and actions to take based on various conditions.
- Apply filtering rules to individuals, groups or domains to efficiently control the secure flow of email throughout the enterprise.
- View centralized reports on demand, or according to a defined schedule, to identify spam trends that may be affecting your email infrastructure.
- Get complete virus protection for IBM Lotus Quickr® for IBM WebSphere® Portal and IBM Connections deployments.
Lotus Protector for Mail Security resources
Content protection for social business
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs.
Not available to purchase online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.