Protect file transfers from the public Internet
The Internet remains risky for file transfer
IBM Sterling Secure Proxy is a demilitarized zone (DMZ)-based application proxy that protects your file transfers from the public Internet.
IBM® Sterling Secure Proxy provides a demilitarized zone (DMZ)-based application proxy that shields file transfers from the public Internet. It uses trading-partner authorization, multifactor authentication, session breaks and other controls for validation before transfers enter your trusted zone.
IBM Sterling Secure Proxy features include:
- Protections against unauthorized access with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) session breaks and multifactor authentication.to help reduce data vulnerability and protect your brand.
- Reduced file transfer costs that can help increase your file transfer community by taking advantage of the Internet.
- Increased perimeter security for your file transfer infrastructure using time-tested firewall navigation practices.
- Simplified authentication with self-service authentication customization for trading partners to help reduce dependency on your IT staff.
Protections against unauthorized access
- Use proxy software that resides in the DMZ.
- Support IBM Sterling Connect:Direct®, IBM Sterling Connect Express and IBM Sterling B2B Integrator servers.
- Offer support for multiple DMZ environments.
- Include a Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2-compliant data encryption module.
Reduced file transfer costs
- Apply consistent configuration rules to multiple engines running in the DMZ.
- Use one centralized configuration manager that scales to your environment as your business grows.
- Provide operational continuity and improved performance using clustering for higher availability and load balancing.
Increased perimeter security
- Thwarts direct communications between external and internal sessions by establishing security-rich session breaks in the DMZ using SSL or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Inspects protocol and sensitive control information, enabling configurable error handling for violations.
- Uses session limits and data encryption to guard against denial-of-service attacks.
- Helps block inbound holes in the firewall.
- Aids the enforcement of internal and external security policies.
- Provides self-service password management for trading partners with a customizable logon web portal.
- Supports single sign-on and integrates with existing security infrastructure, including Active Directory and Tivoli® user databases.
- Tightens security controls and supports validation of trading partner identity in the DMZ using multifactor authentication.
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Download software online after purchase - no shipping costs.
Not available to buy online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.