IBM® Compiler and Library for REXX™ on zSeries® are a high-level language compiler and runtime library.
This combination of compiler and library facilitates your REXX scripting and System z application development and runtime.
- The compiler translates REXX source programs into compiled programs and the runtime library houses routines that are called by the compiled programs
- Both the compiler and the library provide efficient systems management
- Both support error checking
- Both provide information during debugging
- Both increase flexibility
- The compiler, library and compiled programs run on z/OS® using TSO/E and under CMS on z/VM®
- Separate licenses are available for Compiler for REXX on zSeries, Library for REXX on zSeries, and Alternate Library for REXX on zSeries (a free download.)