Maximize efficiency with a WebSphere-optimized development platform
IBM® Rational® Software Architect Designer for WebSphere® Software (RSAD4WS) is a unified design, modeling and development platform optimized for designing and developing IBM WebSphere applications. It includes all the features of IBM Rational Software Architect Designer plus the features of IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere for an integrated design and development environment.
The Rational Software Architect Designer for WebSphere platform employs model-driven development (MDD) tools and robust support for Unified Modeling Language (UML) for designing applications and services across multiple domains. Rational Software Architect Designer for WebSphere is built on the Eclipse open-source software framework and delivers broad technology support with several built-in extensions.
The Rational Software Architect Designer for WebSphere Software platform provides a convenient way to purchase several core and extension capabilities in a single offering.
- Accelerate development with UML-based graphical modeling support for creating Java®, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and Web 2.0 applications and services.
- Gain optimal support for WebSphere application development with the included Rational Application Developer for WebSphere feature set.
- Improve application quality with powerful development, test and analysis tools.
- Expand technology support with several extensions included as built-in components.
- Gain a flexible, integrated platform for delivering high-quality software.
Accelerate development with UML-based graphical modeling
- Includes visual development tools that support a variety of domains, including UML, Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN 2), Java, Java EE, Web Services Description Language (WSDL), XML Schema Definition (XSD), Microsoft VB.NET, and Service-oriented architecture Modeling Language (SoaML).
- Provides an intuitive graphical editor that allows architects to easily convert graphical models into polished presentations for stakeholder input.
- Delivers design patterns to help you quickly build UML models. Existing models can be decomposed and independently versioned for reuse as architectural building blocks.
- Enables code visualization and round-trip engineering for synchronizing models and code, increasing efficiency and accuracy.
Gain optimal support for WebSphere application development
- Includes application templates, a template library and how-to tutorials for getting started quickly.
- Provides integrated WebSphere Application Server unit test environments and WebSphere feature pack support.
- Manages server instances and server configurations including automated creation and submission of wsadmin scripts.
- Offers an integrated Java development environment with visual editors, automatic code generator, and merging and refactoring tools.
Improve application quality
- Create quick custom factory solutions based on your own domain examples, using exemplar-driven authoring tools. Improve software quality with built-in best practices.
- Find and fix problems early, and help ensure architectural integrity, with test, analysis, review and metrics tools.
- Help ensure applications deploy correctly with tools for discovering and representing infrastructure.
- Simplify creation of cloud applications with the cloud application wizard. The cloud client includes server tools and the deployment planning extension so developers can use IBM cloud resources for testing deployments.
Expand technology support
- The Rational Software Architect Simulation Toolkit allows you to simulate UML behavior—activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, communication diagrams or state diagrams—at very early stages of design so you can eliminate design flaws or problems more easily.
- The Rational Software Architect Extension for SOA and WebSphere supports SOA transformations and provides tools for building well-architected, scalable, business-driven SOA solutions that target IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM WebSphere Portal Server.
- The Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Planning provides deployment models and tools to help ensure your software solutions deploy correctly on the first attempt.
- The Rational Software Architect Extension for C++ provides C++ development tools for creating solutions that include C++.
- The Rational Extension for Integrated Architecture Frameworks allows you to create topologies and architectural profiles based on requirements. It also provides support for the US Department of Defense Architecture Framework 2 (DoDAF 2).
- The Rational Software Architect Extension for Communications Applications provides support for key communications standards and protocols.
Gain a flexible, integrated platform
- Offers the extensibility, scalability and productivity features of an integrated platform.
- Provides requirements integration and end-to-end traceability for better lifecycle management.
- Integrates with many IBM product lifecycle management solutions such as Rational Team Concert, Rational Asset Manager, Rational Requirements Management, WebSphere Business Modeler and Rational System Architect.