Plan and execute inbound and outbound transportation processes
IBM Sterling Transportation Management System (TMS) is a carrier management, cloud-based system that optimizes and transforms your supply chain network by planning and executing all your inbound and outbound transportation processes.
IBM Sterling TMS connects you to a collaborative logistics network of carriers, shippers, and customers, automating your entire transportation management process. Delivered on-cloud, means fewer IT resources, no upgrade costs, easy connectivity, and low total cost of ownership.
|Shipment planning workbench||Display current shipment plans. Drag-and-drop loads to easily modify plans in response to operational changes at time of dispatch.|
|Contract management workbench||Maintain contracts collaboratively and view expected shipment costs and routing guides. Use it to plan real shipments or to compare carriers by running what-if scenarios.|
|Shipment optimization||Create highly efficient shipment plans across all modes of transportation with optimal routing and load consolidation. Powered by the ILOG Optimization engine.|
|Inbound transportation planning||Collaborate with suppliers in the planning and execution of inbound shipments and provide supply chain personnel with enhanced visibility into inbound planning activities.|
|Dedicated fleet management||Incorporate dedicated/private fleets into shipment planning and execution processes and evaluate delivery costs for this option against common carriers.|
|Vendor and carrier portals||Collaborate with key partners throughout the fulfillment and transportation process.|
|Freight audit and payment||Streamline freight settlement processes to ensure invoice accuracy, shorten payment cycles, and lower administrative costs|
|Network benchmarks||Accurately compare and measure cost and execution performance against a network of nearly 150 shippers.|
|Capacity center||Tap into network data to improve forward planning of capacity to match supply and demand between shippers and carriers.|
- Transportation planning and optimization.
Build efficient transportation plans for complex multi-modal shipping operations through improved planning and optimization that drive down costs and improve on time performance.
Transportation planning and optimization data sheet (PDF, 502,2KB)
- Transportation execution. Improve transportation processes through automating the shipment tendering process and real-time visibility into shipments.
Transportation execution data sheet (PDF, 516,7KB)
- Transportation freight audit and payment. Streamline freight audit and payment processes to ensure invoice accuracy, shorten payment cycles, and lower administrative costs.
Transportation freight audit and payment data sheet (PDF 514,9KB)
- Transportation analytics and reporting. Accurately analyze transportation costs and measure against network benchmarks for continuous performance improvements.
Transportation analytics and reporting data sheet (PDF, 501KB)
- Inbound transportation planning. Collaborate on inbound transportation with your suppliers.
Inbound transportation planning data sheet (PDF, 499,2KB)
Sterling Transportation Management System
- Sterling B2B Integration Services Basic
- Sterling B2B Integration Services Plus
- Sterling B2B Integrator
- Sterling Community Development Services
- Sterling Community Manager
- Sterling Configure, Price, Quote
- Sterling Connect:Direct
- Sterling Control Center
- Sterling Control Center Configuration Manager
- Sterling Fax Conversion Services
- Sterling File Gateway
- Sterling File Transfer Service
- Sterling Gentran
- Sterling Information Broker
- Sterling Managed AS2 Gateway
- Sterling Order Management
- Sterling Secure Proxy
- Sterling Transportation Management System
- Sterling Warehouse Management System
- Sterling Web Forms
- Sterling e-Invoicing