IBM Connections Enterprise Content Edition is a single integrated social content management system for general business users and also for information workers who require more advanced content, document management and workflow use cases. It provides out-of-the-box desktop, social, and traditional content management interfaces. Connections Enterprise Content Edition includes:
- Content Management provides robust content/document management and workflow capabilities with enterprise performance, scalability and security, integrating best-of-breed social and collaborative capabilities.
- Connections provides the social environment, connecting networks of content consumers and producers via corporate profiles and status. Connections users utilize social tools such as files, wikis, forums, blogs, and activities to share documents, exchange ideas, and create content which can be managed by FileNet Content Manager.
- Desktop Connectors provide the ability to author and manage content via common desktop (Microsoft Office 2003-2010,and Windows Explorer), email (Microsoft Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes) and collaboration tools and productivity editors, like Sametime and Symphony.
Connections Enterprise Content Edition lets you replace “content chaos” with an easy-to-use social content management solution that sets the standard for an end-to-end platform built on open standards. It is designed to manage the entire life cycle of office documents, web and social content.
Connections Enterprise Content Edition
- Connects knowledgeable and skilled professionals, enabling the creation of high-value content
- Ensures trusted content is accessible from familiar desktop and collaborative applications where business users and information workers can author, share and collaborate on content anywhere
- Manages all content types, including social and collaborative, addressing governance, security and intuitively extending to broader content services and applications
- Leverages existing IT investments intuitively linking social and collaborative tools to IBM’s Enterprise Content Systems
- Utilizes Content Navigator the new IBM ECM user experience which is in HTML5 and including a customizable toolkit
Customers who purchase additional products can extend their social content management system to include broader enterprise content management (ECM) capabilities such as records management, content analytics and collection, case management, capture and more.
- FileNet Content Manager V5.1.0 and Content Manager Enterprise Edition V8.4.3 customers can purchase an attractive add-on license to add the social capabilities to their ECM environment.
- Connections Content Edition V 3 customers can purchase an attractive trade-up license for more feature rich content management functionality with fewer restrictions (e.g. the ability to extend their social content system to include broader enterprise content management functionality, such as records management, content analytics and collection, case management, capture and more).
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available to purchase online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.