Turning software complexity into simplified designs
A focus on architecture and design can help organisations deliver on their business goals.
With help from IBM architecture and design solutions, you can better align products, systems, and IT with the business; deliver more quickly on changing business needs; and gain control over your evolving architecture.
The Rational Eclipse-based and Jazz-enabled, integrated platform facilitates team collaboration, maintains requirements-to-code traceability, and jump starts development by simplifying the transition from architecture to code.
Rational architecture and design and development capabilities help:
- Ensure your architecture is reliably communicated in a global environment through support for distributed teams, which helps satisfy compliance mandates.
- Accelerate service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiatives by providing first-class modeling tools for architecting Web services and integrating with business processes.
- Improve productivity and quality, increase communication through graphic modeling, and provide validation through simulation and automated testing.
- Provide automated transformations from model-to-model and model-to-code with model-to-code reconciliation to help ensure requirements are met.
- Enable true traceability with integrated business processes to deployed infrastructure, allowing you to act quickly to business changes.
Featured architecture and design products
A robust, scalable platform for solution architecture and software factories for corporate IT, SOA, and general development that supports Java™, JEE, C++, .NET, SCA, Web 2.0, and more.
A family of model driven development tools for systems and embedded software with C, C++, Java, and Ada
All products - Architecture and design
- Application Workload Modeler
- Graphical Data Display Manager (GDDM)
- Rational Deployment Automation Content Pack for RAFW and WAS
- Rational Programming Patterns
- Rational Rhapsody family - Overview
- Rational Rose family
Rational Software Architect Family - Overview
- Rational Software Architect | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Design Manager | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Extension for C++ | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Extension for Communications Applications
- Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Automation Planning | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Extension for Deployment Planning | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Extension for Integrated Architecture Frameworks | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Extension for SOA and WebSphere | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Software Architect Simulation Toolkit | Trials and Demos (US)
- WebSphere Multichannel Bank Transformation Toolkit
- WebSphere Telecom Web Services Server | Trials and Demos (US)
Architecture and design resources
Design.Everywhere: Enable software and systems teams to make designs an essential part of their delivery lifecycle.
Grady Booch: Hype-free software development
Use the software design and development ROI calculator to estimate expected savings and productivity enhancements.
Use a systems engineering trade study and Rational Rhapsody to support green initiatives
Developer resource kit
How-to guides, demos and implementation technology information: How to leverage them during the application development lifecycle