Improve citywide traffic management and transit operations
IBM Intelligent Transportation provides both citywide traffic management and prediction as well as transit operations and analysis capabilities. It offers a scalable platform with data aggregation, predictive analytics, and planning tools for improved transportation operations. IBM Intelligent Transportation provides near real-time visibility into traffic conditions and transit operations for a 360-degree overview of your transportation network.
IBM Intelligent Transportation enables organizations to:
- Use one integrated transportation system to increase situational awareness of current traffic and transit conditions and deliver predictive analytics.
- Leverage the Intelligent Operations for Transportation component for decision support to improve traffic operations and citizen driving experience.
- Utilize the Intelligent Transit Analytics component for insights to improve public transit operations and commuter experience.
- Use collaborative tools for more efficient citywide traffic operations and transit operations across transportation network.
- Take advantage of flexible deployment options by choosing from multiple deployment models that provide options for cities of varying sizes with different levels of IT resources.
Use one integrated transportation system
- Identify and measure a variety of current traffic conditions and transit operations, including traffic speed and volume on city roads; transit vehicle current locations; vehicle arrival prediction times; and on-schedule performance.
- Analyze historical traffic and transit data and trends to predict future traffic and transit conditions.
- Integrate existing technologies into a single information model that uses advanced analysis for better visibility of traffic incidents and transit movements.
- Capture data from disparate sources, such as cameras, radar, under-road loop detectors, on-board vehicle navigation systems and systems based on Bluetooth or mobile phone technology.
- Use system-wide analysis methods to predict various conditions, including traffic speed and volume; transit flow; and transit schedule deviation up to an hour in advance.
Leverage the Intelligent Operations for Transportation component for decision support
- Gain near real-time situational awareness about current traffic performance and issues. Use graphical and tabular displays to track current traffic conditions and service levels throughout a transportation network.
- Optimize workforce coordination and control by using dashboards that integrate information from various systems and traffic-related devices. Current status and feeds may come from signals, signs and cameras.
- See historical performance patterns of traffic networks to improve traffic operations and enable continual performance improvements. Use historical data to create auditable best practices for flow optimization and incident management.
- Create better city traffic designs and plans by analyzing historical patterns of traffic conditions and incidents. Track peak-hour volumes and congestion on the most critical links in the network as a function of location, time and speed limit.
- Improve traffic predictions by using near real-time data to predict traffic conditions, including speed and volume, up to an hour into the future.
Utilize the Intelligent Transit Analytics component for insights
- Gain near real-time situational awareness about current transit network performance and issues. Display the current transit operation status graphically with vehicle, route and stop perspectives or in tabular and report views.
- Improve coordination and control of transit movement by using dashboards that integrate information from various systems and transit-network-related devices. Current status and feeds may come from vehicles, message signs, timetable displays and cameras.
- Use key performance indicators related to on-schedule operations of transit networks. This helps improve transit operations, planning and performance.
- Analyze historical patterns of transit operations and incidents to optimize city transit design and planning to create auditable best practices for transit optimization. Analysis can include peak-hour volumes, traffic congestion, transit flow and schedule deviation on the most critical links in the network as a function of location, time and travel time.
- Promote proactive management of transit operations by using near real-time data to predict vehicle arrival times. Use traffic condition and volume to calculate vehicle arrival times at future stops.
Use collaborative tools
- Allow multiple stakeholders to collaborate more easily and solve problems faster using one integrated traffic and transit management system.
- Work more collaboratively with other transportation departments to make it easier to reduce traffic congestion, optimize transit schedules, improve transportation network performance and enable better responses to incidents.
- Enable urban traffic planners and transportation system operators to prepare and use critical information throughout the existing transportation network.
- Provide timelier information to citizens about current traffic conditions and anticipated problems. This helps improve --traveler experience and reduce negative commercial and environmental impacts.
Take advantage of flexible deployment options
- Deploy IBM Intelligent Transportation product in on-premise data centers in cities with robust IT capabilities or strong “behind-the-firewall” implementation requirements.
- Take advantage of cloud technology and control costs. Implement IBM Intelligent Transportation product through a software-as-a-service (SaaS) contract on the IBM SmartCloud®.
Improve citywide traffic management and transit operations
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available to purchase online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.