With this ODF compatibility plug-in, Symphony 1.3 stand-alone users can better display ODF(Open Document Format) files created by Symphony 3.0. If you use the Microsoft Office file formats you do not need to install this plugin.
Note that this plug-in only works for Lotus Symphony 1.3 stand-alone with the revision number: 20090908.0900. To check your revision number, open Lotus Symphony, then click Help > About IBM Lotus Symphony.
This plug-in provides the following when using presentations in Open Document Format (.ODP):
1) Loading and displaying presentation tables that are created by Symphony 3.0.
2) Displays a warning message if the ODF version of the opened document is newer than the ODF version that Symphony 1.3 supports.
3) Supports the display of an exploded 2D pie chart created by Symphony 3.0.
4) Maintains the crop property of graphics created by Symphony 3.0.
5) Provides display support for some 3D chart types including: Column Cone Normal chart, 3D Column Cylinder Normal chart, and 3D Column Cylinder Percent Stacked chart.
6) Provides display support for custom shapes created by Symphony 3.0, allow the shapes to appear consistently between the 2 releases. These include: ring, forbidden, flowchart-direct-access-storage, smiley, flowchart-display, flowchart-or, flowchart-summing-junction, flowchart-connector, flowchart-delay, flowchart-stored-data, flowchart-terminator, and flowchart-magnetic-disk.
7) Bullets in presentations created or modified by Symphony 3.0 will be displayed in Symphony 1.3; however, some formatting issues with indentation and spacing to text still exist.
8) Bullets in presentation tables are maintained in both Symphony 1.3 and Symphony 3.0