Installing IBM Lotus Symphony on Mac OS X
There are three installation packages for IBM® Lotus® Symphony™ and it supports 18 languages including English, which are the same languages supported on Mac OS X. Download one package according to your need.
- IBM Lotus Symphony.dmg contains all functional files and English user interfaces.
- IBM Lotus Symphony nl1.dmg contains all functional files and user interfaces for languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish.
- IBM Lotus Symphony nl2.dmg contains all functional files and user interfaces for languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian-Bokmal, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish.
Follow the following steps to install IBM Lotus Symphony on Mac OS X:
- If you have installed previous Symphony version, uninstall it first and then delete ~/Library/Applications Support/Lotus Symphony Data. If you do not delete it, the old data folder will be reused and upgraded.
- Double-click the dmg file to mount it.
- Click the IBM Lotus Symphony.mpkg file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. Click Finish when the installation process is complete.
- The installation location is: /Applications/Symphony.app.
Result: You are ready to begin working with IBM Lotus Symphony to create new documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. You have one icon for Lotus Symphony under Applications. You can drag it to your docking bar.
Note: The installation location cannot be changed.