540...that's the number of days we have been working on Symphony 3.0, and finally we got it delivered for you. Symphony 3.0 is one release that not only contains much more new features and enhancements than previous releases, but also improves the UI and usability a lot, including brand new sidebar, more unified look and feel, toolbar customization, new clip-arts, refined thumbnail slider, optimized presentation view switch, and many other usability enhancements. I include several screen shots below for your preview. I would like to thank you for many great feedback here -- you all contributed to the release of 3.0, and invite you to download and try it.
To Symphony User eXperience design team, Symphony 3 is not an end but one early and major step toward our goal to provide a refreshed modern UI and make it smooth and efficient for your daily work. We still have more to do...we have a list of candidate items, but we would like to listen to your voice first. I list some questions as below. Please feel free to give us any other comments on UI. We will continuously post some survey to ask for your opinion on some specific design areas.
1) Do you use it a lot?
2) How do you think about Symphony 3 sidebar? Can it meet your requirement?
3) What do you like most?
4) What do you think is missing from sidebar?
5) What's your suggestion for next?
1) Do you know toolbar can be customized in Symphony 3?
2) List the top 3 toolbar icons you use most.
3) List the icons which you think are missing from toolbar.
4) For the missing icons, can you use sidebar as a replacement?
3. List the top 3 designs you like in Lotus Symphony 3.
4. List the other 3 designs you dislike in Lotus Symphony 3.
5. Please feel free to give any other suggestions.