We received lots of feedback here on Lotus Symphony sidebar design and user interface (UI) related problems. Now the good news is that, the brand new sidebar and some other UI enhancements have been included in Lotus Symphony 3 Beta 2! You can download it here
We are still working on continuous UI improvement. Our goal is to provide a refreshed modern UI and make it easy and efficient for your daily work. We believe that Symphony 3 Beta 2 is a major step forward towards our goal. The whole team is working very hard toward it.
Here is a brief list on the UI improvements in Symphony 3 Beta 2. are inviting you to have a try, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
1. Refined main menu and toolbar organization.
2. Unified and improved the overall look and feel.
3. Optimized context menu and short-cut keys.
4. New sidebar:
- Use a vertical sidebar to manage all floating windows. Users can switch the floating windows easily by clicking the icons, and drag and drop floating windows to dock/undock. Users also have the flexibility to arrange the layout if they want to show multiple windows as the same time.
- Re-implemented the property panels by new design including stacking levels of properties together, visualizing the frequently used properties, and so on. Page layout panel is included in page properties now. We still have several panels to add in the future.
5. Unified the appearance and behavior of floating windows, and make it easier to drag and drop.
6. Improved the presentation editor usability by adding the tab view and mini bar at the bottom.
7. Enhanced style list, , and clip-art dialog. More refined clip-arts will be added in the future.
It's Chinese New Year now. I would like to wish you a wonderful year for you and your family!