Now Symphony 3 Beta 3 Developers Toolkit is available on the website.
In Symphony 3 Beta 3, we have important enhancements in application level.
• In security, we provided saveas, open, export with password to protect the document, spreadsheet, presentation applications.
• Many developers want to get the Symphony's regional setting, now we added the API getLocale to do this.
• In order to easily use the API of open application, we integrated the opendocument, openspreadsheet, openpresentation to one API open, and you can also use the previous APIs to open those applications.
Also there are many new features added in three editors:
• The most important feature in Spreadsheet API is that we can Insert/Delete Rows/Columns in sheet now, and you can specify insert/delete before or after the specified row or column.
• Enable lock a spreadsheet before loading large amount of data which can improve the loading performance.
• If you want to open a spreadsheet to locate to specified row/column, you can use freeze position to do this.
• Before Symphony 3 Beta 3, we just can add DataPilotTable, now we can also remove DataPilotTable.
• If you want to monitor the modify event in a range, now it is available, you can add/remove ModifyListener in Range to do it.
• Many Developers want to get selected range in sheet, we can do it now.
• We added more types of Field such as PageNumberField, UserField, HiddenTextField, ShowVariableField, SetVarialeField and DateTimeField to let you easily handle the field related operations.
• If you are interested in styles of Document, we added StyleFamilies/StyleFamily to let you get the style type of Document and can get the charStyle too.
• We provided merge and split cells in TextTable for you to easily operate the TextTable, and you can find the specified TextTable through index by name.
• We added more shapes in Presentation APIs, such as ellipse, rectangle, connector, text, graphic and line shape, and you can export the shapes to images using our API.
• We enhanced the shadow/fill format APIs to make the object more colorful and solid.
• We also provide the APIs to group or ungroup shapes to satisfy the requirements of operating the shapes.
Meanwhile we added 14 samples in Symphony 3 Beta 3 of the Developers Toolkit, some of them can guide you how to use these APIs, some are just for fun.
You can download Symphony 3 Beta 3 Toolkit here
. We look forward your feedback!