We posted some articles in the past to get your opinions on the new design approach for Symphony Properties panel. Your feedback so far has been very helpful and we are greatly appreciated.
We are now refining the properties but need more feedback from you. Please take a few minutes to answer the following questions.
Picture A and B are design mock-up for the text and paragraph properties panels. The visual appearances (e.g. colors) is skipped to focus on the elements and layout.
Please review picture A, then answer the following questions.
(1) What are your thoughts about this design?
(2) Are there any properties you frequently use but not displayed?
(3) Are there any properties displayed in the example that you do not understand?
(4) Click "More" will pop up the dialog, e.g. Text properties dialog, which includes both basic/frequent and advanced properties. Please provide comments about the position of this control, and the overall method of accessing more properties.
Please review picture B. Picture B provides an example of a new design pattern in the properties panel.
- When you click the icon for Spacing, a pull down panel will be shown.
- The large icons in the panel illustrate the predefined settings for spacing. Exact values will be shown when you hover on the large icons.
- You can set an exact value in the input field below the large icons. When you change the value, the new value is immediately applied to the selected contents.
Question: How do you feel about the design pattern above? Is it easy to understand?
Please feel free to give us any other comments. Thanks.