IBM Security zSecure Administration
IBM Security zSecure Administration provides security personnel with tools to efficiently and effectively administer mainframe security while helping to use fewer resources. By automating many recurring system administration functions, and by enhancing the native RACFÂ® authorization and delegation capabilities, Security zSecure Administration can help you reduce cost, maximize IT resources, reduce errors, improve quality of services, and deter privileged user abuse.
Capabilities include helping to:
- Simplify user provisioning, password resets and resource access administration.
- Display all occurrences or a cross-referencing of a user ID or a user group.
- Support multi-line commands and operations across multiple RACF databases
- Test changes to the RACF database configuration with an offline copy.
- Identify potential problems quickly to minimize the risks of security breaches.
- Merge RACF databases to support organizational mergers and acquisitions.
- Perform RACF database cleanup to remove unused or obsolete authorizations.
- View and manage profiles from an easy-to-use Microsoft Windows interface.
- Leverage decentralized RACF administration and separation of duties.
- Customize user displays to include integration with employee HR data.
Benefits include helping to:
- Automate recurring and time consuming RACF tasks to reduce administration.
- Delegate and decentralize RACF administration tasks to less skilled resources.
- Simplify consolidations and re-organizations by easily merging RACF databases.
- Automate synchronization and clean up RACF database based on prepared reports.
- Avoid problems with automated change management to comply with policies.
- Simplify mainframe security administration from a Microsoft Windows-based GUI.
- Reduce privileged user abuse with separation of duties and group tree scoping.
- Perform user and resource management without requiring extra security privileges.
- Demonstrate compliance with industry standards and regulations.
Hosting virtual workloads and clouds on System z can address security concerns and provide enhanced availability, performance and cost effectiveness.
Download the white paper
Get integrated threat analysis, real-time alerts, audit consolidation and compliance reporting across the enterprise.
Download the white paper
How Swiss Re Manages Mainframe Security Compliance
Secure the Enterprise with Confidence
Why firms looking for a secure data and application platform should consider the Mainframe
Read the Forrester Paper
- IBM Security zSecure Admin
Provides a user-friendly layer on top of RACF which simplifies and automates security administration, user management and compliance management on the mainframe.
- IBM Security zSecure Visual
Enables efficient and effective RACF administration with a direct, easy-to-use, Windows-based graphical interface that uses fewer resources and provides richer functionality.