DKMS 8.2.1 (April 2013)
We have now released DKMS version 8.2.1. V8.2.1 is based on the IBM 4765 and running on a supported IBM System x server with the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 2 operating system. Service Pack 1 is still supported, but we encourage upgrading. New features are only supported on Service Pack 2.
DKMS has been tested on a IBM System x3100M4, which is the recommend choice. The x3100M4 is a small tower model that is significant less noisy than other options.
With v8.2.1 two new DKMS features are introduced that support new cryptographic key types introduced in CCA 4.2
- AES Key-encrypting keys and cipher keys in variable length key tokens can be managed by DKMS and distributed to IBM servers with CryptoExpress3, CryptoExpress4S, or IBM 4765.
- Keys and certificates for ECC keys can be managed and keys can be and distributed to IBM servers with CryptoExpress3, CryptoExpress4S, or IBM 4765.
IBM Enterprise Key Management Foundation (EKMF) (February 2013)
On February 5th 2013, IBM Systems and Technology Group announced a System z security solution called IBM Enterprise Key Management Foundation (EKMF).
EKMF is powered by DKMS and is essentially the DKMS offering under a new name and repackaged and offered with Services to help get clients up and running. We wanted to alter the name in order to create a 'foundation' for which we will be building the System z Security roadmap on going forward. For you as a DKMS client there are no changes.
DKMS 8.0 Released (February 2012)
A new version of DKMS has been released February 2012. This is the first version with the DKMS client GUI application running on IBM System x with Linux (SLES 11) and the IBM 4765 cryptographic adapter. This version is build from DKMS 7.6 and now introduces a modernized user interface and number of new functions supporting advanced key management.
DKMS 7.6 Released (February 2012)
A new version of DKMS has been released February 2012. Included in the release is a new symmetric key management application and key template maintenance tool that offers support for DES keys in
- Dash boards and enhanced key management workflow
- Supports key management for IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager (ISKLM) that serves keys to Tapes connected to IBM System z
- Enhanced key policy management
CBT XAdES support (May 2011)
CBT Digital Signature solutions now support XAdES document signing.
DKMS 7.5.00 Released (February 2011)
A new version of DKMS has been released February 2011. Included in the release is a new symmetric key management application and key template maintenance tool that offers support for DES keys in
- ICSF and other CCA devices
- Thales HSMs