- The Toshiba Modular CANPOS (Compact AlphaNumeric Point-Of-Sale) is a new version of Toshiba's most popular compact keyboard, valued by customers with limited counter space.
- The Modular CANPOS may be used with Toshiba SurePOS Systems 700, 500 and 300
- It contains all the great features and functions of the CANPOS with additional capabilities to make operations easier and faster and improve security for retail customers worldwide.
- The space-saving Modular CANPOS is over 20% narrower than Toshiba's standard retail ANPOS keyboard. It takes up less workspace on a counter, and it fits in a small checkout area — an important feature for the specialty retail, hospitality and service industries.
- USB and PS/2 interfaces: Connectivity is provided with a simple cable configuration, including powered or standard USB for support of all operating systems other than DOS. DOS users can easily integrate the new keyboard using a PS/2 interface.
- A new modular design capability will allow easy customization by a customer or by an Toshiba Business Partner in response to changing customer operations and unique requirements.
- An optional pointing device that combines touchpad and pointing stick capabilities, enables ease-of-use and improved operations.
- Optional authentication devices, such as a Keylock or optical fingerprint reader, provide additional security for customers.
- An optional Magnetic Stripe Reader with three tracks that support credit cards, small form factor cards and even driver's licenses is available.
- The Modular CANPOS is available in several languages, including U.S. English, UK English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Canadian French.
These new features and functions, combined with Toshiba quality, reliability and service, make the Modular CANPOS the most versatile compact keyboard available for any POS environment.