The Quality Information Network (QIN) database is the data repository for all IBM supplier audit activities. It includes technical and business system information related to qualification, risk management, and quality / performance audits. Suppliers have the capability of seeing their audit information over the web. They are able to edit their CARs (corrective action requests) including detailing their containment action, root cause analysis, and corrective actions taken to fix audit findings.
QIN Key features:
- Eliminates redundant / unnecessary audits.
- Reduced travel due to reduction in audits as well as increase in local auditor use.
- Increases efficiency of audits due to availability of historical data.
- Standardized audit formats facilitating comparative analysis.
- Coordinates audits across divisions.
- Used to find local certified auditors and find out when audits are scheduled.
- Gets real-time c/a plans from suppliers.
- Provides Lotus Notes access for IBM users.
- Provides Suppliers access through secure internet connection.
- -View their own records.
-Edit corrective action section.
- Automatic e-mails sent out when:
- -Audit is scheduled.
-Audit is completed w/out including report.
-Audits are scheduled for upcoming month per commodity.
- Visibility and reporting across councils and functions for engineers and executives.
- Structured security levels that restrict which document a user can modify or view.
- Automatic views by commodity, supplier, region, year, etc.
- Capability to include related application files such as photos, spreadsheets.
QIN Benefits: Upon scheduling an audit in QIN, a wide distribution list is notified; the e-mail notification encourages global collaboration thus ensuring a thorough and efficient audit, as well as eliminating the possibility of redundant audits. The CAR (Corrective Action Request) process ensures audit findings are quickly and adequately addressed. And, the certified auditor tracking process facilitates matching auditor skills, expertise, and location with audit parameters for more effective / less-expensive audits.