Follow these steps for getting access to A-Source.
- An external user that needs access to A-Source can request this access through the primary contact for the company they are associated with. The primary contact needs to send their request to asource.@us.ibm.com This request must contain the user’s name, internet E-mail address, phone number and if they should receive notification of all RFQs sent to their company by IBM.
- When A-Source support receives this request, the user will be registered in A-Source and will be sent an E-mail with their ID. A separate E-mail will be sent 30 minutes later with their password.
- When the new user receives their ID and password, they can go to the "A-Source Home page". They will be able to select "IBM A-Source" and can either "View" their BOMs or "Upload" a BOM. Your ID and password will grant you access to A-Source and using the action tool on the left called “Password Management” you can change your password. Select “Edit” and change your password following the “Password Standards” listed. Your password will expire in 90 days. You will receive notification in an E-mail 10 days before the expiration date.
- If your password has not been changed within the 90-day period, when you attempt to access A-Source, you will be notified that your password has expired and directed to create a new password. If you have forgotten your password, there is no way to get access to A-Source except to contact A-Source support at asource.@us.ibm.com and ask that your password be reset.
- The action tool, “Password Management,” on the Web also gives a user the ability to select “Disable account?” "Yes or No". If you no longer need access to A-Source, select “Yes” and your access will be deleted.