To gain access to ESI follow through the steps below.
Get a valid IBM Registration (Web Identity) ID.
- Get a valid IBM Registration (Web Identity) ID.
- Register to the required ESI Commodity council.
- The request will go through the approval cycle.
- Access the ESI Application.
IBM registration is a generic IBM wide authentication directory that you need to register before you can access ESI. If you already have IR ID, skip the steps below:
- Go to the Supply Portal. ESI uses Supply Portal for company and user registration.
- Select the Register link in "First time users" instruction section or ”IBM registration” link on left side of the screen.
- Enter a userid and a password. Note: Your IBM ID must contain the @ sign. You cannot use your IBM intranet ID (i.e. email@example.com). You can use firstname.lastname@example.org. The system will tell if ID is taken.
- Fill in the required fields and select the "submit" button.
(Above is an example of "My IBM registration" page. The IBM ID, Password and Verify password fields are mandatory and must be fill in. The ID and password must adhere to guidelines for IBM ID and password).
If you leave any of the required fields blank, the form will not let you continue and a warning message will be displayed for you.
If you selected an IBM ID already in use, the form will displayed a warning message and ask you to try another IBM ID.
By entering your security question and an answer to the security question, you are providing us another way to confirm your identity. Furthermore, your E-mail is also required, then select the "continue" button.
In the following screen, just First name and Last name fields are mandatory. You may fill in all other fields (Preferred language, Initials) if you like, please select the "submit" button to complete your registration.
- No acknowledgment is sent to you. Your new ID should be ready in about 10 minutes.
- Make sure you write down your ID, password and security challenge answer.
- Select the back arrow button in your browser window to get back to the Supply Portal web site.
- Now that you have a user ID you can proceed to the next step and request ESI access to a council.
Register to the required ESI Commodity council.
Follow the steps below to request ESI access to councils:
- Go to the Supply Portal.
- Please select My portal: My functions link. Enter your user ID and password.
- In the User Functions section, you can choose:
- New user application enrollment
ESI Access is based on groups / councils. This options is for users who do not have access to any ESI groups / councils.
- Request application access
For users who have access to existing ESI councils / groups and would like to gain access to other councils.
- In both cases the required fields must be filled in.
After accepting the Supply Portal terms, you will be taken to this screen and you must select one of the multiple choices.
Select "ESI Commodity-IBM web users ~~IBM/LENOVO EMPLOYEES ONLY" and then select the "continue" button.
(This screen will be displayed for first time users only. The Company name, Desired portal role, First name and Last name are required fields, Middle initial is optional).
All required fields are marked with " * ". Please, complete the form and then select the "continue" button.
(This screen will be displayed for first time users only).
Only the E-mail field is mandatory. You may complete the form with your additional information (Job title, Department, Office phone number, Pager number, Office fax number, Street address number).
- Select within the "Desired portal role" box:
Coordinator - A Coordinator is responsible for approving/rejecting most successive requests submitted by new users within the council. She/he may submit requests for other users, to add/modify/remove user access. A Coordinator must recertify/revalidate all user access on a quarterly/annual basis. The role of Coordinator may be changed to Regular User providing there is another Coordinator. Each council may have more than one Coordinator. If you are the first user for this company / council you must select coordinator.
Regular user - A Regular User maintains only their own access and profile information.
- If you leave any of the required fields blank (Commodity, Company type, ESI User type, Access level , IBM Contact name, IBM Contact E-mail, Location, Notes ID), the form will not allow you to continue and a warning message will be displayed.
You can donwload the councils/commodities and sub-commodities list for ESI.
Note: In the "Select commodity" field options will only display the councils that you don't have access to. The councils that you already have access will not be displayed.
- The application will then ask you to review your request and select the "submit" button to complete your access request. Please make a note of your request number.
- Your access request will go through the approval cycle and will be validated by the ESI Admin and you will receive an E-mail when your request is approved. If any further information is required the ESI Admin will contact you.
The request will go through the approval cycle.
Once your request is submitted it will be reviewed by the ESI Administrator. If the request is rejected you will be sent an automatic E-mail with the reason the request was rejected. If your request is approved, it will automatically be forwarded to the company coordinator for their approval. After that the request will go to the ESI Administrator for their final approval and you will receive a Welcome E-mail.
Access the ESI Application.
Upon approval, to access the ESI Commodity application:
Go to Supply Portal and select "My Portal: My Functions" link. Enter your IR userid / password to get to your customized Portal page. Select ESI Commodity-IBM Web users under the "Application" section. Refer to the Process tab of this material to find more information about a specific council / commodity.