Select a topic or year
BARCELONA, Spain - 02 Mar 2015: IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced the expansion of the IBM MobileFirst for iOS portfolio to address key priorities for the Banking and Financial Services, Airline and Retail industries. These next IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions are available for business customization and deployment starting today. The full portfolio of made-for-business apps from Apple and IBM hold the potential to transform the job roles and effectiveness of hundreds of millions of professionals globally. (1)More than 50 foundational clients including Air Canada, American Eagle Outfitters, Banorte, Boots UK, Citi and Sprint have signed on for apps that deliver the complete expertise and capabilities of those companies to their employees wherever they interact with clients -- faster, easier and more securely than ever before.
“Delivering exceptional customer care is at the heart of the Boots customer experience, and mobile technology unlocks new levels of convenience and accessibility for our customers. The pilot of the IBM MobileFirst for iOS Sales Assist app will seek to explore how we can further empower our colleagues to be able to turn each customer interaction into a unique and personal experience,” said Robin Phillips, Director of Multichannel, Boots UK. "Boots colleagues will have access to real-time data and insight from across the company in the palm of their hands, allowing them to offer shoppers even greater levels of service- including real time stock availability and easy in store ordering.”
New IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions include:
- Passenger Care (Travel and Transportation): Travelers need assistance on the go, yet customer service agents remain tethered to their counters, leading to long lines and unresolved passenger issues. Passenger Care empowers customer service agents to address traveler needs from anywhere -- offering passengers a smoother, more personalized experience while speeding check-in and easing airport congestion.
- Dynamic Buy (Retail): Retail buyers have historically relied more on instinct and experience than factual insight when making buying decisions. With Dynamic Buy, retailers gain real-time perspective and data-driven recommendations on how products are performing and seasonal recommendations, for example, helping retailers realize better return on investments.
- Advisor Alerts (Banking and Financial Services): Financial professionals typically juggle hundreds of clients, often lacking the time to properly address individual client needs. Advisor Alerts uses analytics to help financial professionals prioritize client-related tasks awhile on-the-go, empowering them to make well-informed, timely decisions. Backed by customized analytics, the app tells the advisor what’s most important via a personalized dashboard that displays recommended next steps, portfolio-impacting alerts, and provides a communications platform to quickly delegate tasks to teams back in the office.
“Apple and IBM are the only companies that could partner to develop a new category of made-for-business apps that is truly transforming how works gets done,” said Fred Balboni, IBM General Manager, IBM and Apple partnership. “We set out to transform how millions of workers consume, process and use information when they are outside the four walls of the office. Our goal is to boost the performance of every enterprise by making all its data and processes available to any employee with an iOS device – anytime, anywhere.”
Apple and IBM are blending their independent positions of strength, bringing the power of enterprise data, industry expertise, cloud services and analytics together with intuitive design and elegant user experiences. The result will fundamentally redefine the ways enterprises empower their professionals to interact, learn, connect and perform.
Built exclusively for iPhone and iPad, IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps are delivered in a secure environment, embedded with analytics and linked to core enterprise processes. The apps can be customized for any organization and easily deployed, managed and upgraded via cloud services from IBM specifically for iOS devices.
IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions are now available to enterprise customers in banking, retail, insurance, financial services, telecommunications, energy and utilities and for governments and airlines, thanks to the unprecedented collaboration between Apple and IBM.
For more information regarding the new Apple and IBM solutions, please visit www.ibm.com/mobilefirst/us/en/mobilefirst-for-ios.html or www.apple.com/business/mobile-enterprise-apps/.
About IBM MobileFirst
IBM’s 6,000 mobile experts have been at the forefront of mobile enterprise innovation. IBM has secured more than 4,300 patents in mobile, social and security, which have been incorporated into IBM MobileFirst solutions that enable enterprise clients to radically streamline and accelerate mobile adoption, help organizations engage more people and capture new markets. Through IBM's partnership with Apple, the two organizations are transforming enterprise mobility with a new class of industry specific business apps. For more information on IBM MobileFirst, visit the press kit or www.ibm.com/mobilefirst. Follow @IBMMobile on Twitter, and see IBM MobileFirst on YouTube, Tumblr and Facebook.
About Boots UK
Boots UK (boots.com), the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. With 2,511* stores in the UK, Boots UK is committed to providing exceptional customer and patient care, be the first choice for pharmacy and healthcare and offer innovative products 'only at Boots' such as the UK’s leading skincare brand No7, all delivered with the great value customers love. Created over 160 years ago, the Boots brand is still at the heart of the communities it serves.
* As at 30 November 2014 on a pro-forma basis excluding equity method investments
- International Labour Office
Advisor Alerts uses analytics to help financial professionals prioritize client-related tasks awhile on-the-go, empowering them to make well-informed, timely decisions.
Dynamic buy helps retailers realize better return on investments. With Dynamic Buy, retailers gain real-time perspective and data-driven recommendations on how products are performing and seasonal recommendations.
Passenger Care empowers customer service agents to address traveler needs from anywhere -- offering passengers a smoother, more personalized experience while speeding check-in and easing airport congestion.
News about IBM solutions that turn information into actionable insights.
|IBM Cloud Computing
Gain access to your applications from anywhere, at any time.
|Services and solutions
News about IBM solutions for the telecommunications industry