Select a topic or year
Armonk, N.Y. - 25 Jun 2014: Today IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced that the latest global analysis from Synergy Research Group positions IBM among the top three providers in the cloud market for the first quarter of 2014.
In addition, Synergy Research Group also recognized IBM as the leader in hybrid and private cloud engagements with nearly 14 percent of worldwide revenue market shares from the third quarter of 2013 through the first quarter of 2014.
In addition to being ranked with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft, Synergy also stated that IBM ranks second behind Microsoft in terms of year-to-year growth at 80 percent, compared to the same time last year.
With Synergy Research’s findings around growth specific to Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, hybrid and private cloud, IBM Cloud growth is driven by extensive gains with significant enterprise recent client engagements in a variety of industries:
- In Tunisia, IBM will announce that Zitouna Bank has selected a cloud solution consisting of IBM systems, software and services to transform its core banking platform and develop new services for customers.
- IBM will announce that Acroverse Creative of Korea has adopted cloud solutions from SoftLayer to strengthen its overseas services.
- Coriell Life Sciences, helping bring personalized medicine to the elderly based on analyzing and storing genetic data in a secure cloud environment
- The Hartford, that is implementing a new service model that includes a cloud infrastructure to drive profitable growth and increase operational effectiveness
- Novitex Enterprise Solutions, by providing SoftLayer’s cloud-based infrastructure and security services to support Novitex’s document outsourcing solutions
- Pitney Bowes Inc., to develop hybrid cloud location services to deliver more personalized services and contextually relevant experiences
“Synergy Research’s data validates IBM’s ongoing work to deliver cloud services for the enterprise as businesses work to address the need to better manage data for increased insight and efficiency within their industries,” said IBM General Manager of Cloud Services James Comfort. “As one of the top three overall cloud providers and the clear-cut leader in providing hybrid and private cloud services, this report validates our long-term cloud strategy.”
Today’s announcement builds on:
- IBM cloud revenue increased more than 50 percent in 1Q 2014 vs. the previous quarter
- Businesses across the United States recently ranked IBM the as the number one cloud computing provider, according to an IDC survey of US market preferences for infrastructure-as-a-service *Source: IDC's U.S Outsourced Cloud Services Survey, 4Q13
- IBM was also rated the leader in six of eight major industries covered in the study including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Professional Services, Wholesale and Retail and Public Sector (government) *Source: IDC, U.S. IT Buyer Survey Shows Outsourcers Bring Strength to Cloud, Doc #248127, May 2014
- IBM also finished in the top three in Transportation and Telecommunications, the only vendor to lead in as many industries and rank no lower than third in any industry *Source: IDC's U.S Outsourced Cloud Services Survey, 4Q13
About IBM Cloud Computing
IBM has helped more than 30,000 clients around the world with 40,000 industry experts. Since its acquisition in 2013, SoftLayer has served 6,000 new cloud clients. Today, IBM has 100+ cloud SaaS solutions, thousands of experts with deep industry knowledge helping clients transform and a network of 40 data centers worldwide. Since 2007, IBM has invested more than $7 billion in 17 acquisitions to accelerate its cloud initiatives and build a high value cloud portfolio. IBM holds 1,560 cloud patents focused on driving innovation. In fact, IBM for the 21st consecutive year topped the annual list of US patent leaders. IBM processes more than 5.5M client transactions daily through IBM's public cloud. For more information about cloud offerings from IBM, visit http://www.ibm.com/cloud. Follow us on Twitter at @IBMcloud and on our blog at http://www.thoughtsoncloud.com. Join the conversation #ibmcloud.
Gain access to your applications from anywhere, at any time.