Select a topic or year
ARMONK, N.Y. - 21 Aug 2012: IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced today that several of its business consulting practice areas have been named as leaders in new IDC MarketScape 2013 Vendor Analysis reports – and IBM Retail Consulting capabilities was among those honored.
The leadership designation was revealed in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services for the Retail Industry, 2013 Vendor Analysis report3. The report is a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace and help anticipate the vendor's ascendancy. It is available, via IDC subscription, at www.idc.com.
In the report, IBM earned the best position for “consulting capabilities” in retail. IBM was cited for its ability to directly improve clients’ overall commercial performance and to integrate risk awareness and solutions within other consulting engagements.
In particular, the report noted that: “IBM is seen as better than many of its peers at providing industry insights and competence, offering the necessary spectrum of consulting services, leveraging local and global staff appropriately, and helping clients comply with regulations and reduce costs.”
“Retailers are evolving to put the consumer at the center of all that they do," said Jill Puleri, IBM Global Retail Consulting Leader. "As the IDC report illustrates, IBM is a recognized leader in helping retail clients quickly capitalize on innovations in Big Data, cloud, mobile and social to provide their customers a consistent, personalized and unparalleled shopping experience."
Besides the retail area, other IBM strategic business consulting services were similarly honored for leadership in separate IDC MarketScape reports covering the following areas:
· Smart Cities4
· Federal Sector7
For more information on Smarter Retail, visit
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
1. For the study, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services for the Governance Risk and Compliance 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242352), August 2013.
2. For the study, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Organizational and Change Consulting Services 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242359), August 2013
3. For the study, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services for the Retail Industry 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242424), August 2013
4. For the study, IDC MarketScape: US Business Consulting Services for Smart Cities 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242453), August 2013
5. For the study, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services for the Public Sector 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242457), August 2013
6. For the study, IDC MarketScape: US Business Consulting Services for State and Local Government 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242546), August 2013
7. For the study, IDC MarketScape: US Business Consulting Services for the Federal Sector 2013 Vendor Analysis (IDC #242561), August 2013
|Banking and Financial Services
News about IBM solutions for the banking, investment banking, and insurance industries
|Services and solutions