Select a topic or year
What customers are saying:</span></strong></p><p><span> & quot;IBM is delivering just what the industry needs - 20 Jun 2000: - Use high-performance, time-proven hard-disk-drive technology to store information.
- Have a much lower cost-per-megabyte and hold more content than alternate small-format storage technologies.
- Fit into the industry-standard CF+ Type II slot that has become popular in many handheld devices. They can also be paired with a PC Card (PCMCIA) adapter for use with notebook computers, or with a variety of USB readers that can plug into most desktop PCs.
- Provide affordable retail pricing -- Prices to be offered to consumers who purchase from IBM's Shop IBM Website by this Fall: 512 MB Microdrive ($399) and 1GB Microdrive ($499).
Technical advances over the first-generation Microdrive:
- Sustained data rate is improved, so the drive draws less power from the host device, thus extending battery life.
- Improved non-operating shock rating by 50 percent (from 1,000 G to 1,500 G). This is a measure of how rugged the drive is when turned off or not in use.
# # #
Note to Editors: Microdrive is a registered trademark of IBM. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. For more information about the IBM Microdrive, visit: http://www.ibm.com/storage/microdrive or call 1-888-426-5214.
Storage software, tape and disk innovations