Experience smarter media
Predict. Transform, Optimize. Thrive.
KEYNOTE SUPERSESSION....Saul Berman, Global Leader, IBM Strategy & Change practice, will open this NAB supersession panel with a 30 minute keynote: Mobile TV, Ready for Primetime? Tuesday, April 13, 1-2:30 pm Room S222
Over the past several years, mobile TV has emerged with limited success. This year, broadcasters will begin offering a new mobile TV service linked to their individual stations and markets. What are the business models? How will mobile TV services compete? What content will consumers demand and what types of devices will enter the marketplace?
NAB 2010 IBM Booth #N5823 in the North Hall, April 12-15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center
IBM will be demonstrate the following integrated solutions for workflow transformation, multi-platform distribution, advanced business analytics, and infrastructure optimization, including IBM Cloud Computing.
- News Discovery Platform – IBM's next-generation newsroom platform, featuring Dalet's News Suite, provides a single-pane-of-glass view for interaction with and between multiple, disparate newsroom applications to increase productivity, accuracy, depth, and speed of news delivery, while providing complete visibility of all newsroom processes.
- Program Production – MXF Server from IBM and Film Partners increases productivity and reduces redundant and expensive proprietary storage by enabling cross-platform collaboration and media project sharing between Apple, Avid, and Adobe NLEs, with common industry-standard storage.
- Production Workflow Automation – Flexible, media-enabled, business process management built on a services-oriented-architecture infrastructure leverages existing investments and provides your media enterprise with business/IT alignment and the agility to embrace new and rapidly-changing business models through the integration and visibility of business and media processes.
- HD Broadcast Media Playout - Streamline your operations with integrated solutions from IBM and Toshiba, combining standards-based, cost effective, robust infrastructure with Toshiba's ON-AIR MAX™, the market leader in flash-memory-based servers.
- Net TV powered by IBM – Scalable, cloud-based service infrastructure and portal gives viewers seamless access to personalized web services, content, and hybrid broadcast broadband TV, which provides media organizations cost-effective, intelligent content distribution with target advertising.
- Mobile Content Delivery – Revolutionary video delivery platform from FabrixTV and IBM Interactive extends viewer reach with data-enriched video, delivering rich, interactive experiences.
- Live Events - See how IBM helps high-volume sports and entertainment organizations create immersive Web experiences, allowing fans to view multiple high-quality video streams and to interact with contextually relevant, real-time data for truly unique full screen experiences. We have also extended coverage into new digitally-savvy segments by creating new 3D live video applications and live video coverage on mobile applications.
Sales and Service, Marketing
- Cross-platform Advertising Analytics - IBM business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions help you to reveal advertising values and performance so that you can better optimize channel strategies for consumer and advertisers alike.
- Advanced Business Optimization - Advanced analytics and optimization gives media and entertainment enterprises 360-degree business and customer insight in order to maximize advertising revenue and marketing budgets, and reduce costs through optimization of resources and schedules.
- IBM Cloud Computing – The exponential growth of choices for consumption of content is driving media companies to aggressively and quickly enable new revenue models. IBM’s Cloud computing demonstrates the dynamic and industrialized IT infrastructures required to rapidly embrace new and changing business and distribution models. IBM will also present its Cloud Computing POV for Media and Entertainment.
- LTO5 - IBM is introducing the Long Term File System -- an open file system that can help reduce storage media costs 10 times and greatly lower energy consumption. The very first file system implemented on LTO Tape, the IBM Long Term File System utilizes the new dual partitioning capability of the LTO 5 tape specification to provide media enterprises a simpler, less expensive way to manage very large data archives and store information for long periods of time.
- IBM System Storage - DS5000 and DCS9900 provide cost-effective, highly scalable, high-performance HD production storage. N-series is a cost-effective and reliable production storage solution for those hybrid SD/HD environments where high-performance HD is not required.