In 1906 Harlow Bundy, a Binghamton, N.Y., manufacturer of time recorders, moved his business into a new three-story brick building in Endicott, N.Y. The sign over the door read "International Time Recording Co." Eight years later, ITR became one of the three major components of the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company, which was renamed IBM in 1924. Over time, the factory in Endicott was expanded (in 1916 and 1920), and the original Bundy building was joined by a laboratory and a school (both in 1933). A new manufacturing building was constructed in 1941 and another was built the following year. The heat treat plant was completed in 1954 and the Glendale Laboratory was built one year later. This view shows IBM Endicott in 1955. (VV2036)
Other images of Endicott are available in Vintage Views.