Previous | Next


Dayton headquarters

Dayton headquarters

Dayton headquarters
In the spring of 1961, IBM announced that it would build a new headquarters for the Supplies Division in Dayton, N.J. The construction contract for the 25,000 square foot facility was awarded in November of that year, and work began immediately. More than 100 headquarters employees moved to Dayton building from New York City in the autumn of 1962. The new facility featured a central open court and a data processing center. Its IBM 1401 data processing system provided centralized data processing for the division's 10 sites in the United States.