Previous | Next


Sherman card plant

Sherman card plant

Sherman card plant
IBM announced plans for a new manufacturing plant in Sherman, Tex., in August 1956, and ground was broken and construction begun in May 1957. Production operations began in the partially completed plant on December 23, 1957. The company dedicated its 61,500 square foot manufacturing plant on October 23, 1958. It was located on a 238 acre plot near U.S. 75 at the southern edge of the city, and it produced punched cards for IBM's data processing machine users in the Southwest region of the United States.