July 13 -- The Bundy Manufacturing Co. and the International Time Recording Company purchase property from the Endicott Land Company.
Harlow Bundy, a Binghamton, N.Y., manufacturer of time recorders, moves his business -- which had outgrown its second Binghamton factory -- into a new three-story brick building in Endicott, which locals call the "Bundy Building" even though the sign over the door reads "International Time Recording Company."
1908 - 1911
Thomas J. Watson, Sr., becomes CTR's president.
The Endicott Engineering Laboratory develops a non-printing electric accounting machine, vertical card sorting machine, mechanical hand punch and a lever set gang punch.
Five buildings on the site now encompass 65,000 square feet of space. Endicott employs 245 people in manufacturing and two in engineering. There are approximately 100 power tools in the factory valued at about $50,000, and 1,000 tools, dies, jigs and fixtures. The plant is producing 11 classes of products, about 2,200 parts and is engaged in 6,600 different manufacturing operations.
The International Time Recording Company Band (later the IBM Band) is officially organized with 32 members under the direction of Roy Collar.